Soundcard is making hiss

Default Soundcard is making hiss

Hey guys,

I've been mixing externally on traktor for a while, but I have this issue when I plug my soundcard (Numark IO) into my mixer (Pmc-280). There's a really high pitch, really really really annoying frequency that sits ontop of the main output. I've messed around with settings but haven't been able to fix the issue yet. Just wondering if anyone has any insight on this issue.

Thanks.
    alone

How old is the Numark IO? And how is your gear grounded?
    If all gear is properly grounded, it might be the Numark IO that's broken.
    Midi Fighter|Kontrol X1|A4DJ|HDJ2000|MBP 13" 2,53Ghz 60GB SSD/500GB HDD

That's what I figured. My 1200's are grounded, and I bought the IO used a year ago. If that's the case then I guess I have to go out and buy a new soundcard :| Thanks for the input.
    alone

I'm just guessing, nothing final. But you mean that the inputs are hissing?
    On the other hand, buying a used (and verified working) Audio 4/6 is never a bad idea. I got one, rarely use the inputs but love the fact that whenever needed, I can hook up two CDJ's/SL's and have a spinnin' party
    Midi Fighter|Kontrol X1|A4DJ|HDJ2000|MBP 13" 2,53Ghz 60GB SSD/500GB HDD

The IO doesn't have inputs. It's not really hissing, it's actually a really high pitch frequency. If I plug the IO into a channel on mixer the frequency comes out. It's outlandishly noticeable. There doesn't seem to be any issues when I just plug it into an rca on, say, a PA system. This was an issue on my last mixer, a pmc-05, but it wasn't as apparent because my channels were burning out, so I came to the conclusion that the issue existed within the soundcard. I need a new soundcard regardless, but I'm going to be frustrated when I make the purchase and the problem isn't resolved.
    alone