Please help: Controlling Ableton macro knobs using two pads and midi translator...

Default Please help: Controlling Ableton macro knobs using two pads and midi translator...

I am pretty familiar with midi mapping, but completely new to this third party midi translating software. I just downloaded Bome's midi translator and want to use it in Ableton.

I want to be able to control the macro control knobs in Ableton using two pads on my external controller. I want to be able to adjust the knob value one increment at a time, using one pad to move one increment up(or to the right), and the other pad to move the knob one increment down (or to the left).

One way I am thinking about doing this is using midi translator to translate one pad to a "click and drag up" function (if there is one), and another pad to a "click and drag down" function. This would allow me to use pads to adjust the macro knob as if I were using a mouse. Is this possible using Bome's midi translator or something like it? If so, how? and if not, what are some other possible options? Again, I am pretty clueless to how to operate this kind of software, but any advice would be appreciated.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Never used Bome's tbh, but emulating an encoder seems like a more promising approach.