Whats happening to this forum? - Page 5
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Bastard View Post
    I don't know if anyone else has noticed but an awful lot of djs are arseholes IRL.
    yes alot of djs are asshole, deush, fratboy, dude, bro, meathead, pricks. the old school ones think the only way to play is two cdjs and a mixer and the new kids think their shit dont stink and theres nothing for them to learn except playing the next song and looking cool at parties.
    be open to the idea that your idea may not be the best; it is possible to be wrong. how else do you plan on improving your skills and technique... and those who think they cant improve are the problem. ITS NOT ABOUT HOW YOU PLAY IT, its about the vibe you create... its more than just playing music...

The general discussion on DJTT has been going downhill for a while for me, its second only to NI's forum in crapness.
    I only post if something is truly interesting and I have a valid point. When that happens, once in a blue moon, the thread stops. Or my valid post gets ignored and people start bitching/trolling.

So whats the point? There is none. I'm off, back to DJF, theres actually less trolling on there than here nowadays!
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    Always find topics like this funny...people moaning about other people; welcome to the fucking internet, enjoy your stay.

Instead of crying about people's behaviour, questions, grammer and the like....why don't you tell all your clever musical friends about this forum and let them flood the message board with interesting and convo-inspiring chats?

As the Midi Fighter's popularity grows, as will these boards - and you, or anyone else for that matter, has no control over who comes on here.
    How pertinent that you post in this thread. Thank you for highlighting the exact undertone that im referring to.
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

@kooper1980:

I get the impression (from your replies) that you remember when this board had more of a sense of community. I'm not sure what happened here, and the post by "The Mighty FV" (as you pointed out) really nails it.

It used to be there would be the odd mac vs. PC thread, and while the newer members would get worked up, the elders would interject with some good wisdom and put the thread back on track. Lately, there's some real negativity being spewed out now.

I came back on the boards after a long break (yesterday to be exact), but I quickly realized it isn't the same.

Wonder where everyone went.... Karlos? Nemonic? Hellllloooooooooo??? (good to see fullenglishpint is still kickin' it)

I fear tumbleweed is a knockin' at the door...

Quote Originally Posted by Nosferatu View Post

Wonder where everyone went.... Karlos? Nemonic? Hellllloooooooooo???
    nemonic is gone for a long time but karlos is still doing big time as well as photojojo, tekki, jesc and the rest of the bunch.
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

nem0nic posted a couple of days ago. I'm sure he's a pretty busy fellow doing what he does, and as such doesn't have as much time to provide guidance on the forums. He must be paying attention, because he usually manages a comment in threads aimed at newer Behringer gear.
    Cheers!
    | 13" rMBP | KORG ZERO4 | NOVATION TWITCH | 2 X CDJ-200 | KONTROL X1 |

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334670583.161890.jpgI think this sums up most of what I see.

It's kind of annoying though as you end up with it being answered because if you don't answer the post in 1 minute it will get bumped. Hell I've seen here where if it's not answered they will go post same question in other areas of the forum or even just create a new topic. Nothing gets done. The mods need to use the ban hammer more seriously if person has 10 or less posts and asks a common question close thread referring to the searchable thread. Hell no one under 100posts should ask a question search can answer.

I say this mostly because if they have been here awhile chances are they want new opoions, yes a bad example but I think most would agree an ok reason.

Also most old school guys cringe when they see a post how the one in question was written. I know initially I just didn't reply. His writing was that of a 15 year old. And way he sounded to be begging to be followed on Facebook didn't help the fact. But in all fairness if you don't like the post don't reply ignore it and carry on. Don't start bashing a kid.

lately i do find this forum to be lacking in good proper discussions. That's kind of the result of this forum being flooded by "newbie" questions that have been posted a trillion times beofre like "i'm searching for a 4channel mixer" and "i have this budget, what would you do with it".

To be honest, I haven't been the most active user here ever , but the last few months I can't even be bothered to keep up with the new posts.
    2x A. Audio HTD 4.5 | Sony MDR 7506 | Xone:4D | Sony Vaio E i7 | 2x KRK 8 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Launchpad | NI Maschine | NI Komplete 8 | Ableton Live 9

We have has this discussion before.

Hardly any of the original members post here anymore and seams that every 50 members that join there are only a handful
    That stick around and contribute something other than just asking the same old questions and then disappearing.

I hardly post myself now as sick of the lack of respect people have for each and other and the same old conversions getting recycled
    The forum used to be a massive hub of amazing ideas and moving forward now is just stale.

All so has a lot to do with the controller market when djtt fist started there was no s4 x1 or any of these prebuilt controllers,
    It was mostly DIY stuff and that's what drew alot of people to the blog and forum and all the mapping ideas.

Now you can go the shop buy a mix track or smething have it pre mapped and your done and even people can't set that up right and come and ask stupid questions about it.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VanGogo View Post
    Speaking for myself on that one, mine wasn't meant to be a dick post, just an early heads up before people started posting shady blogs and the thing got closed.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast