Upgrading gear, but not sure which direction I need to go...
    Tech Mentor

Default Upgrading gear, but not sure which direction I need to go...

I have 2 Numark NDX400 CDJs, a DDM4000, TSP2 and an Audio 6, a powered subwoofer, and 2 passive speakers with a GX5 driving them. I'd like to upgrade some of my lesser stuff, namely at the moment my subwoofer (12" crappy Gemini one, barely puts out any serious bass). However, I feel like I'm still spinning on toys with my NDX400s. I was looking at a pair of CDJ800s for around $800, but I was also looking at getting 2 cheap 15" subs to run off my GX5, and replacing the Gemini woofer. I play mostly house parties with this system, and considering the whole PA system has to live in the back of my Honda CR-V, top of the line dual 15 inch speakers and 18 inch subs really is not an option. I can tell you that I will definitely not be dropping $800 on the subwoofers, however the CDJ800s will get a lot more use in my bedroom and in general than the PA system will. So DJTT, what would you do?

EDIT: I almost forgot, all of my equipment is not in any cases, so a coffin case is not out of the question either.
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | 2x Stanton ST-150 Turntables | Traktor Kontrol F1 | MacBook

www.mixcloud.com/sunshineraleigh

Tech Mentor

Anyone?
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | 2x Stanton ST-150 Turntables | Traktor Kontrol F1 | MacBook

www.mixcloud.com/sunshineraleigh

Tech Mentor

If you want a lot of bass on a modest budget, the Yorkville LS line of subs is great. You'll still be able to fit it in your CR-V. That will be the single best improvement you can do to your PA system.

As for your spinning equipment, that's really up to you. I'd personally upgrade the subs first, but I do a lot of mobile gigs. If you tend to stick to DJ'ing at venues with their own sound, upgrading to CDJ's is a no-brainer.