Macbook - Traktor S2 - High CPU load/audio ticks?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Macbook - Traktor S2 - High CPU load/audio ticks?

Recently i posted a thread about switching all my stuff from my pc to mac since my mom gave me her pc.

well i was testing traktor with my S2 and it came up with some problems, when i'm running 4 decks and let's say there's 3 tracks playing, the CPU load is huge, they all start to spike and lag. Happens when i'm running 2 decks and i loop one of them and start bringing the Loop in gradually aswell.

Also i get some audio ticks or a small lag when i press cue on a track and there's another one playing.

My pc worked totally fine though :/?

check your latency settings!

What should i be checking?

If the computer isn't spec'd enough to handle traktor, it won't matter that there is a glowing apple on the back. That's not an automatic 'Get Out of Latency Issues For Free' Card.

Is it more powerful than your last machine?
    Cheers!
    | 13" rMBP | KORG ZERO4 | NOVATION TWITCH | 2 X CDJ-200 | KONTROL X1 |

Hahahaha, you've got a point there, but yes, my last computer had 1GB ram and other shit specs, i don't know about the mac but i think it's by far better.

Click the Apple in the upper left corner, and 'About This Mac' from the dropdown menu. It will list the processor and Memory installed. Honestly... As long as it's not 6 years old running Tiger on 256MB and 1.6 Ghz Single Core, it should be able to handle Traktor decently enough. You might have to crank the latency a bit, and maybe limit yourself to two decks if it's an older machine.

Let us know!
    Cheers!

2GHz inter core duo 2gb 667 DDr2 ram?

Plenty of pooter.

Launch Traktor and navigate to --> Preferences --> Audio Setup

You'll see under 'Audio Setup' a slider with the name 'Latency'. There are a few articles and threads on this forum that can explain what this setting is, what it does for you, and why you would need to increase latency in your particular example.

Disabling Multi Core support in the same 'Audio Setup' window may help you as well.
    Last edited by geminimech; 04-16-2012 at 07:23 PM.
    Cheers!

>Thanks alot , will get down to that!

Tech Mentor

Also, are you running the latest drivers for your sound card? I remember there were a series of drivers that did not have independent USB buffer control, which were really problematic.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast