One Technic?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One Technic?

Default One Technic?

Hello folks, I was wondering if any of you out there just use one turntable? Right now im using an S4 with two 1210's and its becoming a biach to lug around everywhere and I have no room to really expand my setup. So I was thinking of one using one and using the other side for my maschine. Anyone have any experience with this kind of setup?
    If you don't have haters, you're not doing it right

Tech Mentor

I've done this plenty of times. Just map your maschine or your laptop's keyboard to switch the deck that corresponds to the turntable.

Tech Mentor

just use the s4 alone???

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by despo View Post
    just use the s4 alone???
    If that's what he wanted to do, he wouldn't have created this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by despo View Post
    just use the s4 alone???
    because there are things, believe it or not, that never made it to MP3 or CD to rip from...hell...there are some CDs that never made it to MP3...

i use it at home...i havent taken it out with me since i switched to controller...if i ever get my local deep house night going i will take it with me...i just dont have the time or energy to rip all the vinyls i need to...and plus i think it would be kinda cool to drop some vinyl classics...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Tech Mentor

alright alright, no need to be an ass about it, I was just suggesting that he could just take his s4 if he wasn't going to spin any vinyl.
    Anyway, it's perfectly possible to use traktor with a single turntable, just make sure you download that mapping off traktor bible that lets you select which deck you want to control with the TT. I did it that way before i got my hands on a second TT. Hope that's been any help

no one was being an ass...(i dont think atleast)...

AND...

he wasn't asking if it was possible...because he was using two to begin with...he was asking if some of us just use one turntable...

so next time please read and comprehend his post and ask yourself if you just helped someone or if you just rushed to type in an answer that had nothing to do with the question...

(and stop being defensive when people correct you)

Sweet thanks guys. And yeah, i would just use the S4 but i like the feel of vinyl and I hardly ever use both turntables. I just want one for some occasional scratching (i hate trying to scratch on the jogs) and I need space in my setup for my maschine so I was just gonna take out my left TT and get a clamp for my S4 flight case to hold my maschine on the left side where the TT used to be. I just want to keep the ability to do some scratch tricks, use my maschine, and have easy access to my S4 without everything being too crazy and hard to transport.
    If you don't have haters, you're not doing it right

Tech Mentor

Just set all of your decks to run off the same timecode input.

Then, in the controller manager, you'll be able to program a series of keys to select which one actually uses that timecode input. It's pretty straightforward, but if you have any trouble with it, let us know and I'll look into what I did for mine.

ummm...he wasnt asking how to do it...he has been doing it...

does anyone have reading comprehension?

"romeo and juliet was a love story"

well...no...it wasn't...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast