Best way to start out? HELP needed! - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by AlanS View Post
    If you buy a controller you're just gonna' use the sync button from the start and you'll get so used to it that you're never going to want to learn how to manually beatmatch. If you ever wana' play in clubs then I suggest you save up and buy cdjs/turntables and a mixer. Then again, I don't know where you live and what the clubs are like over there.

Im from nyc. The crowd doesn't care what equipment you're using, but no promoter or management will give you respect or hire you if you're using a controller.
    Thats probably one of the dumbest things i have ever heard.

Just because there is a sync button you are gonna use it???

So just because you own a gun does that mean ur gonna kill someone?

Its pretty dumb for someone who is getting into DJing to spend 5k on decent gear and they end up hating DJing.

I started off DJing on an Old BCD3000 and on VDJ and never used Sync at all. Now I am able to Mix on CDJs, Serato, and can get around original Wax enough to lay down a set...basic set but still DJ nonetheless.

I guess in NYC other Controllerists will never be able to get a show...like BassNectar, Porter Robinson, Skrillex, since all of them use controllers and not CDJs. /Roll eyes
    Kontrol S4-Novation Launch Pad-MF Pro BM-Traktor Pro 2-KRKRP8/KRK10-Windows 7 64 Bit-Toshiba A660

I dont care if you use 2 ipads...2 cassette tapes...or a washboard and a wooden spoon...if you rock it, you rock it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gapout View Post

I guess in NYC other Controllerists will never be able to get a show...like BassNectar, Porter Robinson, Skrillex, since all of them use controllers and not CDJs. /Roll eyes
    They're famous producers. They're allowed to use what ever they want.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Gapout View Post
    So not to beat a deadhorse ...
    Deadhor5

^cleaver. That's funny
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234