Setting up VCI 400 EGE at a club

Default Setting up VCI 400 EGE at a club

Hello Everyone....I'm a first time poster, so I apologize if this has been asked.

Recently got a VCI 400 EGE. I've been strictly a bedroom DJ, but have got my first gig coming up.

This being my first gig ever, I have no idea what my set up should look like and/or what i need in the club. I'd like to not look like a fool (before i even start playing music) and am hoping someone could give me a rundown.

Here is what I have:
    Mac book pro running Traktor Pro 2
    VCI 400 EGE

I don't plan on using any other devices, but I may be missing some key items. I really hope someone can help me with this! Let me know what other things I need or should request the club to provide. I don't know what the club has or doesn't have so please assume they have less than more. Thank you in advance.

Tech Mentor

- you would need a 1/4 to rca OR a xlr to rca to plug into a channel of the mixer.
    - extra power strip in case.
    - headphones can help

good luck

Tech Convert

I always bring extra power strip and extension cord....
    Extra RCA's at different lengths because you never know what situation you may run into...
    maybe check out the Bar / Club earlier in the week and talk to the DJ or owner, they are almost always more than happy to help you out....especially if you are Dj'in at there place.......you are there to make them money and in turn they will make it worth your wild
    good luck

Well do you want the club to provide stuff or do you want to bring it? To properly change the balanced out to an unbalanced to balanced you'll need a turn around to correct the voltage (if I remember right). That's why it's so hard to find an XLR to RCA or Balance 1/4" to RCA cable. What I personally bring to gigs
    - Headphones
    - Laptop
    - VCI-400
    - Laptop Stand
    - Microphone
    - Stereo 1/8" to dual RCA's. I use this on either a second laptop or iPod or cell phone just in case of laptop melt down to play a pre-recorded set while I reboot.
    - Extra USB cable (had these go bad randomly over time)

Hope this helps.