Kontrol S2 Headphon CUE'ing with computer speakers?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Kontrol S2 Headphon CUE'ing with computer speakers?

Say i wanted to use my headphones connected to the kontrol S2 jack for cue'ing and my computer speakers as the normal output?

What do i need to do? Do i need to mess with the CUE VOL and CUE MIX on the S2?

Anyone know how to fix this?

Traktor S2 . Traktor X1 . Traktor F1 (in UPS hands atm) . MBP . TP2 . Reloop Rhp-10 .

Soundcloud.
    Gone Vci 100 se arcade edition . Audio 2DJ . Launchpad . RMX . lpd8 .

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Confused at what that thread got to do with an S2 soundcard routing? ...

@ OP, if I were you I'd provide the system you are on for starters e.g. windows / mac.

I'm pretty sure output routing is covered in the traktor/s2 manual yes you'll be using the Master S2 output to your computer speakers, make sure you have the correct soundcard selected in traktor prefs and yes ,you might need to turn the on-screen cue/mix knob to just cue so you only hear the cue'd deck though headphones.

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    Confused at what that thread got to do with an S2 soundcard routing? ...

@ OP, if I were you I'd provide the system you are on for starters e.g. windows / mac.

I'm pretty sure output routing is covered in the traktor/s2 manual yes you'll be using the Master S2 output to your computer speakers, make sure you have the correct soundcard selected in traktor prefs and yes ,you might need to turn the on-screen cue/mix knob to just cue so you only hear the cue'd deck though headphones.
    The 2 treads are talking of THE SAME EXACTLY thing
    only difference is that in one, we talked about s2 soundcard, in the other, of a generic external soundcard.

i linked it because there is a reply in there, and the other thread was like, a page after that one.

"u can only select one soundcard in traktor. sounds like you're trying to use an external one (IN THIS CASE A S2 SOUNDCARD) and an internal one (BUILT IN SOUNDCARD)? on mac u can create an aggregate device (i think) and on windows you should just be able to use asio4all, choose that as your soundcard which will then aggregate your actual sound cards together."

OP: so yeah, if you are having mac, try the aggregate device method, if yo are running windows, install asio4all driver, and try to manage that out from Asio4all panel.
    As said in the other thread, tractor can't handle 2 sound card

windows asio4all thread: http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=13317
    Last edited by CionniAsDj; 04-17-2012 at 08:22 AM. Reason: OP reply
    Traktor S2 . Traktor X1 . Traktor F1 (in UPS hands atm) . MBP . TP2 . Reloop Rhp-10 .

Soundcloud.

He doesn't need to aggregate any devices though as the S2 has 4 channels ... just choose the s2 as the audio device and select the channels correctly ?

What am I missing ?

He doesn't need to aggregate any devices though as the S2 has 4 channels ... just choose the s2 as the audio device and select the channels correctly ?

What am I missing ?
    he want to route the main sound through the laptop speaker (so use the internal sound card) but be able to cue using s2 sound card, so yeah, he needs an aggregate device, if he was using a pa(or hifi) system its obvious that he should use only the s2 sound card.
    At least i understood this from the OP, that he want to use the built in laptop speaker and also the s2 cue.
    if i misunderstood the OP, well, its way better for him, it has to do nothing than connect the out to the speakers as you said lol

Soundcloud.

Yeah I understood "normal output" as the S2's master output - lets see

Yeah I understood "normal output" as the S2's master output - lets see
    it all depends if as "laptop speakers" he was talking about the internal speaker or some external speakers that normally are used connected at the pc.
    ah men, sorry for the first reply, didn't want to look rude, it's only my bad english

Soundcloud.

@CionniAsDj:

He doesn't say he uses a laptop!

you could use this cable to connect your EXTERNAL computer speakers to your master out on the s2:

CABLE-Audio-Y-Splitter-2-RCA-Male-to-1-3-5mm-Female-Cwholesale.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast