MacBook Pro!!!! Which one ?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default MacBook Pro!!!! Which one ?

Making the Digital move.. purchased the kontrol s4 to use live when im playing in club all over the country..

Big question is this.

Which MacBook Pro ? Few options im looking at here is.

MacBook Pro 2.8GHz Dual-core Intel i7 (october 2011 model) 13" - Good enough value at just over £1000, seems a quality machine with alot of power.

or

The new 13-inch: 2.4 GHz MacBook pro - £999

Seems like a no brainer! but then people said the new machines are faster. I need to have a machine that wont crash, and have plenty of power to take the work load i will place onto it. 3 decks plus samples and efx's.

Tell me what you reckon guys!

Thanks.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Is it second hand or a refurb with full warranty, either way it is the current model so i'd probably go with i7 over i5

Either will run Traktor2 perfectly (As does my 2009 C2D MBP BTW with Ableton loaded simultaneously) .. its not that heavy on processor and are both equally reliable.

If the i7 is S/H get Applecare (if not already included)
    Last edited by deevey; 04-17-2012 at 04:08 AM.

First one is refurb bought from Applestore online.. The 2nd mentioned model is brand new also from the applestore.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by MickyQuinn View Post
    First one is refurb bought from Applestore online.. The 2nd mentioned model is brand new also from the applestore.
    Definitely get the i7 then, the Apple refurbs come with the full warranty and have been checked and tested properly by in-house techs rather than just the usual QC the factory

Really good deal.

Yeh get the i7, they all come with AppleCare and that can be extended for another 2 years anyway
    MacBook Pro 15" 2.0GHZ i7. Kontrol S4. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5. MidiFighter Classic. Aiaiai TMA-1.

cheers people! think the i7 makes sense... Cant wait to get it all sorted and no more burning cds and making covers.

i7.. Ive had it for almost a year now and love it. I got it from the refurb store, but it looked brand new. My buddy/roommate has the i5. Its good, but the difference is noticeable. The i7 loads everything faster and glitches way less.
    13" Mbp i7 | TMA-1 | Tech 1200's | RANE TTM-57 | NI Audio 4 | Kontrol S4 | F1 | KrK Rokit 5s

Tech Guru

I'd consider holding off jussst a little bit,

http://macbookpro.macrumors.com/

I always go to this site to see what's coming out soon, to avoid the mistake of buying something that's going to be updated next month.

i got an i5 a couple of months ago. from what i read there isn't a massive difference between the recent i5's and i7's compared to before. i think they added some more cache to the i5 that it didn't have before? on previous mbp's there's a much bigger gap in performance between the i5 and i7.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Mentor

Keep an eye on the John Lewis website; OK the laptops are list price but they include a two year warranty on macbookss as standard and they have just finished a promotion that was three years warranty free of charge. No doubt it'll be back again soon.

Especially when the next gen Macbooks are rumoured to be getting a product launch towards the end of this month......

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast