One hot night with the VCI-400 EGE quick review!! (Previous S4 owner) - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Yeah it is a hard choice. Sometimes I miss the S4! Now with 2.5 out I'll have to tweak the midi programming again. With the S4 it's all set. I think they are both great and good idea to try before you buy. Let us know what you end up doing and also after some playing what you think.
    ::: mixing music that feeds the soul ::: iTunes | House-mixes.com | Mixcloud
    "If the music you're listening to doesn't give you goosebumps, you're listening to the wrong genre."

Quote Originally Posted by groovemixer View Post
    Yeah it is a hard choice. Sometimes I miss the S4! Now with 2.5 out I'll have to tweak the midi programming again. With the S4 it's all set. I think they are both great and good idea to try before you buy. Let us know what you end up doing and also after some playing what you think.
    yeah the s4 would be no fuss. i like the general layout a bit better and the jogwheels seem like fun for scratching. i don't think i'll be doing much scratching though since i have 1200s and i never learned on those...even with the best intentions lol. also, there's no way i'm taking my decks to gigs anymore and the places i'm looking to play only have various cdjs. i also don't like that if you custom map in midi mode it seems like you will lose some of the jog appeal.

as for the 400: i actually am starting to quite like the look of it. for some reason the multi color meters on the volume faders are really cool to me. i love that the mains are orange and the outer are red. i also like the main vu meter size and placement. the only thing thats a bit odd to me are the jog and tempo placement but im sure i will get over that quickly and the smaller size. i love the placement of everything else really. i especially like the customization aspect coupled with the djtt tsi effects with the instant grat. plus the potential firmware upgrade to be a standalone mixer and build quality. forget about it!

well, i think i actually just sold myself of the 400 right now while i was typing this, with checking out more pics and reading other peoples input. i think we have a winner! i'm gonna order tonight hopefully.
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

Quote Originally Posted by groovemixer View Post
    Sometimes I miss the S4!
    i forgot to ask, if you had to pick again now, would you still get the 400?
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

Quote Originally Posted by squidot View Post
    i forgot to ask, if you had to pick again now, would you still get the 400?
    Yeah I think I'd go for the 400, mainly because of size and feels more professional then the S4.
    ::: mixing music that feeds the soul ::: iTunes | House-mixes.com | Mixcloud
    "If the music you're listening to doesn't give you goosebumps, you're listening to the wrong genre."

i ordered my 400 ege today and can't wait to get it! i'll let you know what i think when i get to play with it for a bit. i definitely want to emulate the fine tempo adjustments to the endless knobs that you mapped.
    thread of free music

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12