What do you guys bring to Gigs? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Club:

Audio 6, Control Records/CDs, Needles, X1, Laptop, Spare cables, Charger, USB Flashlight, 2 x USB sticks loaded with tunes, headphones, spare headphones, cd wallet, power board

Bar
    DDJ T1 (Controller), CD Wallet, Laptop, charger, usb flashlight, headphones, spare headphones, spare cables, power board, small controller stand I built so it fits on top of the crappy cdjs and mixer they have

House Party
    Controller + Laptop, charger, headphones (only 1 set), cables, power board

Generally.... Ideally I'd take nothing but USB sticks to a house party, but thats if they have no gear already

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by aGhost View Post
    A lot of people do festivals too... but I bring to any gig my laptop, S2, MPK Mini, and Midi fighter Pro to every gig.
    Sorry to go off topic, but what do you use the MPK mini for? I have a similar setup (S2, x1, MPK mini) and i have never been able to figure out how to incorporate it, every time I think of a way to map it I don't get past the pads.

this:578369_3624536222876_1558112914_3050726_2021424295_n.jpg

mac, controllers, headphones, A LOT OF CABLES (usb,rca,jack,cannon) and extension cables.
    Traktor S2 . Traktor X1 . Traktor F1 (in UPS hands atm) . MBP . TP2 . Reloop Rhp-10 .

Soundcloud.
    Gone Vci 100 se arcade edition . Audio 2DJ . Launchpad . RMX . lpd8 .

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Paris View Post
    this thread could come in pretty handy.
    yep
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

1 jar of K

Tech Wizard

Other then the usuals I always bring velcro strips and gaffers tape. These two really help with wire management and also making sure all extension and audio cables are flat on the ground.

I do weddings, house parties, and school dances, and throw my own parties (haven't gotten any club gigs yet )

But I gig with another guy and we generally Bring:

-Laptop (x2)
    -Vestax VCI-400EGE (x2)
    -Alto TS115 Speakers (x2)
    -Alto TS112 Speakers (x2)
    -Chauvet Truss
    -Chauvet Scorpion Storm FX (x2)
    -Chauvet Circus
    -Chauvet Comed LED
    -Chauvet LED Shadow (x2)
    -American DJ Galaxian Sky
    -Chauvet 4Play (Clear Edition)
    -Chauvet Colorstrip Mini (x2)
    -Chauvet Flex 1800 Fogger
    -iPod (just in case)
    -Microphone (x2)
    -Headphones
    -Cables
    -External Hard Drive

I gets busy with the lights doe

Quote Originally Posted by Childrenatplay View Post
    So i was just thinking i have seen some nice set ups on here and most things, but i garuntee people want to know what you bring.

So mostly there are 3 main gigs (correct me if im wrong)

Club
    Bar
    House party

I've seen a good amount of djs on youtube like at local clubs that bring 2 laptops and there current setup
    bar i would assume would be just controller and maybe a midi fighter
    and a house party just controller
    So...What do you do?
    Club = most of the larger clubs in the area have installed Tech1200's or CDJ1000. If that is the case, I just bring a soundcard, my laptop, control CDs or vinyl and a back up source either CDs or thumb drive. If they don't have those, I bring my Denon DNS3700 and DNX1600 mixer. I never bring a controller at a club gig. Nothing worse than having dead air if things crap out. I would like to be able to switch to CDs if laptop fails. If CDJs fail I go internal mode on Laptop.

Bars = see above

House parties = I don't DJ house parties. I do mainly Corp events for my mobile gigs when I do pick up any mobile work. I am kinda picky for about those. For that I bring a Denon DNMC600(NS6 for a back up), Behringer EP4000 Amp, GTD Audio wireless mic all in a slant combo rack flight case. 2 EV ELX15 and 2EV ELX18s speakers, Truss, various Chauvet lights. I also bring a extra laptop to run light and also is my back up for the main laptop.
    1 Denon DNX1600, 2 Technics SL1200MKII, 1 Pioneer DDJ SX, 1 Reloop Terminal Mix2, 1 MBP running VDJ/Traktor/Serato SL/DJ
    Soundcloud
    Vimeo
    Facebook

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by dwdbmills View Post
    Sorry to go off topic, but what do you use the MPK mini for? I have a similar setup (S2, x1, MPK mini) and i have never been able to figure out how to incorporate it, every time I think of a way to map it I don't get past the pads.
    Pads and knobs control effects, Keys are mapped to switch from 2 decks to 2 decks + Samples, load different effects presets at the same time, independent freeze effect. One key is a modifier to make the knobs controlling individual volume of the sample decks. Also play, sync, filter...you can go all crazy with the MPK man. It's always work in progress, one day I will be satisfied with my mapping and will have more time to improve it....
    Macbook Pro 15' - Kontrol S4 - MF Pro Beatmasher - NI Maschine- Korg Nano Kontrol - Akai MPK Mini- Champagne Bottles

Quote Originally Posted by LanceBlaise View Post
    1 jar of K
    Sounds like a fun way to spin, probably a good bit confusing from time to time though
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast