What do you guys bring to Gigs?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What do you guys bring to Gigs?

So i was just thinking i have seen some nice set ups on here and most things, but i garuntee people want to know what you bring.

So mostly there are 3 main gigs (correct me if im wrong)

Club
    Bar
    House party

I've seen a good amount of djs on youtube like at local clubs that bring 2 laptops and there current setup
    bar i would assume would be just controller and maybe a midi fighter
    and a house party just controller
    So...What do you do?

I do tons of house parties and through trial and error here is what i always bring with my setup:

Laptop, controller, fold-out table (and table cloth), macbook charger (never forget), power strips, extension chords, speakers, a bouncer because drunk people always get WAY too close and touch things, your favorite beer, extra adaptors, microphone, speaker stands, a rag for when people spill their drinks (it happens), business cards.

Tech Mentor

A lot of people do festivals too... but I bring to any gig my laptop, S2, MPK Mini, and Midi fighter Pro to every gig. I have an iPad with Touch OSC but I don't use it on live situations due to the wireless driver/Card on my WN 7 laptop, which causes lags and cracks, so that one stays home....besides that:

*Red Bull
    *Gum
    *Business Cards
    *Small notebook and pens (2)
    *Flashlight
    *Extra USB and RCA cables
    Macbook Pro 15' - Kontrol S4 - MF Pro Beatmasher - NI Maschine- Korg Nano Kontrol - Akai MPK Mini- Champagne Bottles

house party:
    mixer, controller, macbook, cables, soundcard, headphones, fun, rent/bring a pa if the houseowner didn´t do that already

club:
    same as above except for the mixer since there is always a mixer installed. (at least in the clubs i´ve played at)

but the most important thing is the check beforehand what´s already there and what you have to bring along.
    when i´m djing in a club where i haven´t already, i always ask what mixer/cdj/tt and space will be in the booth.

-fresh shirt
    -deo
    -gum
    -water
    -condoms
    -flashlight
    -candybar
    -mobilephone
    -stickers/business cards (you never know)
    -friends!
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

@ SuperDude8547 - Dang very informative. Really in depth
    @ aghost - i like the extra
    @ Ed paris - you have a nice list to, i've only had bar gigs so i didn't know most clubs already had a mixer ( learn something new everyday) So i assume have to do some on that before i move on to the next step.
    Last edited by Childrenatplay; 04-17-2012 at 05:00 PM.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Paris View Post

-condoms
    Don't leave home without them! - I do - cause I'm married...
    Macbook Pro 15' - Kontrol S4 - MF Pro Beatmasher - NI Maschine- Korg Nano Kontrol - Akai MPK Mini- Champagne Bottles

Quote Originally Posted by Childrenatplay View Post
    @ SuperDude8547 - Dang very informative. Really in depth
    @ aghost - i like the extra
    @ Ed paris - you have a nice list to, i've only had bar gigs so i didn't know most clubs already had a mixer ( learn something new everyday) So i assume have to do some on that before i move on to the next step.
    like i already said most important thing is to know what the bar/club/house has "installed" or not...
    if there is a mixer there you haven´t heard of you´ll be lucky that you´ve googled it before so you know how it works than to arrive at the venue like a silly kid i had that a few times in the beginning and i learned my lessons

btw:
    this thread could come in pretty handy.
    Last edited by Ed Paris; 04-17-2012 at 05:06 PM.
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Tech Guru

For the club I bring just my bag filled with:

laptop, laptop stand, USB cables, X1, Audio 8 DJ, Audio 4 DJ, bunch of RCA cables, needles, timecode records and cd's, headphones, small power strip w/ 6ft cord, small flashlight, and every possible combination of audio cable all in 10' lenghts.

For Bar/Party:

Same as club just add decks and mixer cases or if I'm lazy and it's a small unimportant gig then I'll just bring my S4.

A laptop and my good looks!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast