Custom Python scripting for the APC40 HELP?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Custom Python scripting for the APC40 HELP?

I wondered if there were any kids out there savvy enough with Python to help me do a few edits the the existing APC40 script.

I was thinking it would be neat to split the APC40's clip launch grid in two, and have two selection boxes. You could move the left hand 4x5 clips with the arrow keys, and the right by holding shift and also using the arrow keys.

So yeah, if anyone has an idea of how to achieve this, or has actually done that I'd love to find out.

Tech Mentor

It's complicated, I have not been savy enough to do any major edits. HOWEVER, Hanz Pertov's blog is a good place to get some info. He has like 4 pages of info on getting started with remote scripting using an APC40. Also he has posted decompiled scripts for the APC40.

Send me the code and I'll look at it when I have time.

Tech Wizard

http://www.sendspace.com/file/2k1qai

These are the scripts for the APC40. Thanks for the look man, I appreciate it.
    Last edited by aseckel; 04-23-2012 at 03:52 PM.

Do you have the code? Those are compiled binaries and aren't really all that editable. I don't think I have a python decompiler around, and I'm busy enough that I don't feel like looking for one. I think I remember what you want being possible…but I don't have the time this week to spend all my time finding the pieces.

Tech Wizard

My mistake! You want to .py not the .pyc right? Those are here http://www.sendspace.com/file/ker62d

If it's too much trouble than I totally understand!

Nah…I'm just doing a lot of stuff this week. IIRC, it's not terrible code to read. I used to have Will Marshall's code (and might somewhere). But I should be able to tell you if it's possible. I don't own an APC40, though, so I'm not sure about testing it.

Plus, I've been half curious about adding a red box to my LPD8 if I decide to incorporate Live at any point. And that code is the easiest place to start…just been too lazy to find it on my own.

pretty interesting the ableton remote scripting functionality. may actually be the thing that makes me finally upgrade to live8 - to be able to mess about with this stuff. only ever really tinkered with python, seems pretty straightforward as far as languages go but i wish it used brackets instead of indenting
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Guru

ya im trying to get a simple red box in ableton for my UC-33...just so i know what 8 tracks I am controlling with the faders and mouseless navigation would be cool to

would anyone like to help me out? sorry if I am thread jacking
    Macbook Pro 13" | XONE 92 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Audio 8 | (2) NI Kontrol X1 | Technics SL-1210 MK2 | Juno 106 | Adam A7x | BOSS DD7 | Soundbite XL Looper | +more

soundcloud.com/kevinsantos @kevinsantosdj

Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post
    only ever really tinkered with python, seems pretty straightforward as far as languages go but i wish it used brackets instead of indenting
    Straightforward is not what I'd call it. I remember adapting some code I wrote for a netsec class (OTP decryption) to turn in for an actual python class……and half the variables ended up with empty array indexes after them. I changed the implementation, hoping to make it simpler to read……and I still have no idea where they were coming from.

I wish it were strongly, explicitly typed, used brackets, and, well…basically was c++. But it's fine for what it is.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast