Midi Fighter 3D vs. Kontrol F1
    Tech Convert

Default Midi Fighter 3D vs. Kontrol F1

I am wanting to get one of these in the near future. I lean towards the F1 but the whole idea of the 3D and how if functions is pretty flippin' sweet! I know I am asking this on techtools so I am hoping to get an un-bias opinion.

What are all of your thoughts on the two? Is this just going to come down to preference or can you do more with the F1 with the additional deck software?

two totally different units for totally different things..
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by weltraumpapst View Post
    two totally different units for totally different things..
    can you elaborate? please and thank you

F1: for having full on control of traktor 2.5.s new sample decks

MF3D: accelerometer and gyroscope make only sense for controlling fx, as ean does in the presentation video, not really for sample decks
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

debatable!!! the midi fighter 3d will have 4 different scenes, so you could map the first scene to the fx and the next scene to the sample decks, with the acellerometer being like the filter for the samples, the 3rd scene for the loop recoder controls and buttons for loading clips into the sample decks, then the 4th deck can be like a classic midifighter mapping...I say go with the 3d for the flexibility of functions (no doubt you can map the f1 to your liking also, but the 3d has the up of the motion sensing tech

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

and the F1 has the up of 4 knobs and faders, it comes down lo preference really.

@OT what are you intending to map to it?

You won't he able to use the 3d to fully control sample decks.

Traktor have now made clear that it won't be midi mappable, you will need an f1 for 2.5 multiple samples control
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

yeah I just read that post about the non fully controlable sample decks I'm so upset I was planing on just using some 50 dollar mpd 18 I found on ebay lol oh well. My vote is the f1 now, I think sample clipping and loop recorder controls is much more viable than the midifighter 3d

the mf3d looks cool - but not convinced on the gyroscope thingy. i'd like a mf3d for the same reasons i wanted a midifighter classic - a decent 4x4 set of really responsive buttons. the mf3d also adds in rgb colours and extra buttons for "external 4 banks mode" so u get 4 banks of 4x4 buttons and also some extra buttons too.

the F1 now has to be the (only) choice for controlling the remix decks. plus you get 4 faders and 4 knobs in addition to the main 5x4 grid. so button wise they're mostly equal, tho don't suppose the F1 has internal banks for midi mapping? maybe... the F1 buttons are probably quite like the launchpads ones - which i really like - but nothing as responsive as the F1's.

as weltraumpapst said they're two quite different controllers for different purposes.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Wizard

What would peoples view be now that its capable of using the remix decks?
    Midi Fighter Classic, Midi Fighter Pro, Audio 10, Kontrol X1, Mixdeck, Kontrol S4, Pioneer CDJ 2000 x2, Pioneer DJM 700k, MacBook Pro 10.6.6, Trakor Pro 1.2.7, Traktor Pro 2 2.02 - Traktor Scratch Pro 2. AIAIAI TMA 1s http://soundcloud.com/abh_promotions. @rockinghudson
    London, England