traktor certified mixer?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default traktor certified mixer?

I am looking for some advice. I am wanting to expand in to a new setup, mainly for at home right now. I was thinking about going the external mixer route with an X1 and 2 F1's (when it is released). Should I go with a 2 channel mixer over a 4 channel (it seems more beneficial to go with a 4 channel) I will be using traktor, so I am unsure as weather or not to go with a traktor certified mixer like the dennon dn-x1600, or pioneer DJM T1, or alternatively go with an Xone 42. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I am quite new to the mixer world, I have been doing some research for a few weeks now and am unsure how to go about picking one.

Also I did think about going the S4 route, cause this is mainly for a at home setup and it works awesome with traktor. But i am not a huge fan of jogs wheels, I find I never use them at all.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Are you going to use turntables? If not then you don't need scratch or an NI sound card at all. Regular Traktor Pro 2 and any sound card will work. If you want to use turntables and control vinyl then you'll need either a scratch certified mixer or an NI Audio 4, 6, 8 or 10. The Audio 4 would let you use two turntables connected to your mixer, but that's it. If you want to mix externally and use all four channels on the mixer then you'l need at least an Audio 8. the 10 is needed if you want to use all four channels and the loop recorder.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

djm 900 is certified too I believe

Quote Originally Posted by guiltyblade View Post
    djm 900 is certified too I believe
    yep, along with the DJM-850
    DN-X1700
    DN-X1600
    Zero 8
    Zero 4
    Makie D.2

etc...

I think its good to have four channels with traktor in ext mixer just to have the option of a preview channel (to listen to tracks b4 throwing them in a deck) and a sample deck channel.

Personally if i was going to get a traktor certified mixer i'd get the djm900. The FX are decent and it's the mixer you're most likely to find when you play out.

I think the Denon X1600 is lovely mixer too. Great touch and good FX

Also the Allen and Heath 4D
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Wizard

I think with the new changes to the Traktor product line up you won't be able to buy Traktor Scratch Pro 2 without buying a NI Audio Interface (A10 or A6). This means that you would have to shell out for the interface and the mixer.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmyboy View Post
    I think with the new changes to the Traktor product line up you won't be able to buy Traktor Scratch Pro 2 without buying a NI Audio Interface (A10 or A6). This means that you would have to shell out for the interface and the mixer.
    If you have a Scratch certified mixer you can just buy the TSP2 upgrade kit for about £250.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_08 View Post
    If you have a Scratch certified mixer you can just buy the TSP2 upgrade kit for about £250.
    Actually you can buy the S4 upgrade kit if you have a scratch certified mixer.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

PIONEER DJM-T1 would be the best choice if you wanna be strictly traktor

Quote Originally Posted by Crowd3ontrol View Post
    PIONEER DJM-T1 would be the best choice if you wanna be strictly traktor
    ...and have only 2ch, no EFX on the mixer and a gap in your wallet...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast