controller wont work
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default controller wont work

hi evryone i have bought a pmidi200 controller over a month ago i cannot get it to work at all. when i plug in the mixer the drivers installed (correctly) and the lights start flashing. when i plug it into traktor it recognises it in the in and out ports but the controller wont map because there is no control light flashing. the controller is a hid which i think this is the problem i have had this controller over a month without use so i have tried everything to get it working. i want to get this fixed before i snap the thing in half. if anyone has any info or any more questions il be glad to anwser thank you for your time.
    Attached Images Attached Images

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Have you contacted the manufacturer (silly question perhaps) I doubt theres a lot of people with that controller on here ?

Apparently its just a standard midi controller (from what they say on the Pyle Pro website), you could try a trial of VDJ or something and see if midi learn works on it to narrow down if its just your settings in Traktor are the issue.

Verison of windows, version of Traktor and screenshots of your traktor preferences would help with responses.

Tech Convert

thanks for the quick reply im 100% sure its not the computer i have tried it on at least 3 or 4 i have tried it on virtual dj pro 7 tonight. when i went into mappings the controller comes up (generic me701) but when you press the learn key it doesnt work. it seens like it works but there is no communication.

Tech Convert

i contacted the manafacture company and it was the biggest waste of time they were basicly telling me i need to buy their software which the controller has proven to work with traktor (virtual dj, etc)

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

You could try running Midi Ox to see if it's actually sending out any messages

http://www.midiox.com/
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

+1 on midi ox ... if its not sending messages then possibly a dodgy unit, reviews on amazon say it works with Traktor and the site clearly says "Full MIDI Support (Special/General/General MIDI with Response)"

What software do they say it works with ?

Tech Convert

thanks for the link but im a bit stuck on how to use this to see if my it is sending signals. and they gave me a software (e-mix) and this does not work at all i live in ireland and i bought this from america i had to pay customs bills aswell and if i have to send this back to america i wont be a happy camper

if you download vdj home you can use it for 10 minutes when you start the program.

try this to see if it sends midi http://www.virtualdj.com/download/miditrace.exe

or this if it's hid http://www.virtualdj.com/download/hidtrace.exe

you just select the ins and outs and move the controls, if they work you will see the raw data..
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Did the e-mix software work ?

Tech Convert

i plugged in my other mixer and it sends out messages but not this one any ideas on how to fix this?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast