EXTREME lag on tp2?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default EXTREME lag on tp2?

Im wondering why is traktor lagging so much when i'm running a good pc?

Specs: 2Ghz Intel Core Duo memory: 2GB 667 Mhz DDR2 SDRAM

it doesn't lag until i start triggering effects like reverb and stuff like that, what is the problem?? The computer runs perfectly with multiple shit open and traktor works perfectly until i start using effects, like i said above.

My controller: kontrol s2 (If this is info is of any use)

Not sure what you mean by lag exactly but try adjusting the latency settings under Audio Setup in Preferences: http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/348...0508a14551.png

u tried the windows optimizer batch script? i found it useful when i had to run windows http://www.djtechtools.com/2011/08/1...-power-script/

you don't have any other apps open while running traktor? wifi and bluetooth disabled? windows can be a pain to get running as reliably as a mac for near-realtime stuff like traktor - but it can be done.

using effects will eat up more cpu than when you're not ofc - so just sounds like *something* isn't giving traktor enough cpu time.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

A 2ghz core 2 duo is not a good pc by recent standards just my opion and 2gb isn't much at all.

I'd maybe look into updating CPU if possible and don't wanna spend money on a new laptop

it's not exactly recent but surely should still be able to handle traktor... my old acer has a T4400 in which i guess is about twice the speed of the core duo (if a T2450, only googled some benchmark info so i may be way off) and that used to run ok usually with plenty of free cpu cycles and ran ok ish the few times i tried to sync ableton with it.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

A 2ghz core 2 duo is not a good pc by recent standards just my opion and 2gb isn't much at all.
    +1 upgrade to 4gigs of ram, run the optimize script and preferably Windows XP (certainly not vista, perhaps 7 if its optimized)

2ghz c2d should be fine otherwise - but really depends on what else you are running on there.

Sorry guys i said ''PC'' it's not actually windows, it's mac. i just refer to any computer as ''PC''

i'm new to mac, what should i delete / uninstall ?

If Mac upgrade ram but maybe an issue since I always understood Mac sys requirements to be lower.

An no 2.2c2d won't cut it will still have some problems. I had a p7811fx with 8gb ddr3 and a dedicate GeForce gaming card and it would act weird if I was browsing librbrary with my total control. I upgraded CPU from. P8400 to a t9900 now she screams greAt no matter how many decks or fx or browsing library.

i don't have money to upgrade this computer, i need another alternative, it's wierd since my desktop (which is windows) and his lower specs compared to this one (about 1gb ram) runs traktor without problems.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast