Anyone Try Traktor with Windows 8 Consumer Preview?
    Tech Student

Default Anyone Try Traktor with Windows 8 Consumer Preview?

I know it's a long shot but I was wondering if anyone has tried Traktor with the Windows 8 Consumer Preview yet? Specifically the S4. I've been having a ton of issues with Windows 7 and S4/Traktor so I'm looking at rebuilding my machine. I was considering having a duel boot system one with Windows 8 and one with Windows 7 but I wanted to see if anyone has any experience with this.

If you're having issues with a fully developed and supported OS, I think it would be a safe bet that you would have as many or more with a developmental consumer preview without supported drivers.
    Cheers!
    | 13" rMBP | KORG ZERO4 | NOVATION TWITCH | 2 X CDJ-200 | KONTROL X1 |

Quote Originally Posted by saga2628 View Post
    I know it's a long shot but I was wondering if anyone has tried Traktor with the Windows 8 Consumer Preview yet? Specifically the S4. I've been having a ton of issues with Windows 7 and S4/Traktor so I'm looking at rebuilding my machine. I was considering having a duel boot system one with Windows 8 and one with Windows 7 but I wanted to see if anyone has any experience with this.
    I know it's not what you want to hear but sirissly! it's why I 'changed' after 10 year's of PC use and 6 years IT managing I went apple. It's a no brainer when it come to Traktor. an 'Aggregate device' is one of the main thing's that just work's.

Could you set up a 'Hackintosh' with your motherboard and system?

Tech Student

I hear ya. I'm 100% going to get a Macbook Pro. I'm just waiting till the new one comes out and I'm sure it's stable. Seems like the new model will be worth the wait. Till then I was hoping to use my PC which is fairly newish. I decided to rebuild it from the ground up and have 3 partitions.
    1. Full Windows 7 (80 GB)
    2. Windows 7 for just Traktor/Serato and Ableton (80 GB)
    3. Data Partition for music (440 GB)

Hopefully this will do the trick for now. I'm really hoping to be able to use the S4.
    I was looking into the Hackintosh route and even running the OS X in a VM but I'm not to sure it will be stable and efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by deckard26354 View Post
    I know it's not what you want to hear but sirissly! it's why I 'changed' after 10 year's of PC use and 6 years IT managing I went apple. It's a no brainer when it come to Traktor. an 'Aggregate device' is one of the main thing's that just work's.

Could you set up a 'Hackintosh' with your motherboard and system?