Maschine Expansions

Default Maschine Expansions

So i just got a Maschine and i've been messing around with it lately and all I can say is its pretty damn fun. But my question was, what do you guys think of the expansions like Transistor Punch and Vintage Heat? I've been feeling the Transistor expansion from what i've heard but are they worth the price and all?
    If you don't have haters, you're not doing it right

Hey Otacon -

I'm not sure if they're worth the price. I've decided to put the money that would have payed for the expansions toward Komplete 8 Ultimate.

yeah thats probably the best idea, i didnt think about that lol thanks man

I got Transistor Punch for free and I really like their inspirational sounds but for my house, electro and dubstep productions the drums are not quite what I expected, so I bought some more WAV sample packs from different websites. I think you will be quite satisfied if producing minimal, chillout or pop.

I would also propose to spend your money on NI Komplete 8. Don't forget that they offer a special deal for owners of NI Maschine. You will save more than 100 bucks!

What they said.. If you don't have Komplete 8, get that first. Those plug-ins are so ill... and lots of free sound packs for them all around.

Other then that I haven't used the expansion packs yet as I've been trying to save to upgrade my Komplete 8 to the ultimate edition.
    Tre Tuna
    DJ and Recording and Mixing engineer for live and studio sound
    Traktor Pro 2.7.1 | MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4gigs ram
    Stanton STR8-150s | Ortofon Q-Bert Carts
    NI Z2, F1, Machine MK I, RigKontrol 3 | Dicers | PadKontrol

I don't see how komplete 8 is related to maschine expansions, and honestly the majority of the stuff in there is kompletely worthless and you are really paying for a few things in there that might get some use. 27 plug ins and you will end up actually using what, 2-3? Only get it if you absolutely must have several of the plug ins there and it makes sense to buy it and would buy those plug ins on their own separately, otherwise you are better off just spending $50-100 and getting a second hand license or waiting for a half off sale for the couple you really want and need, or looking at better quality VSTs.

Anyway I think the maschine expansions are pretty worthwhile, Dark Pressure is especially awesome.
    Last edited by Xonetacular; 04-20-2012 at 08:55 PM.

thanks for the info guys! I think im gonna go ahead and buy dark pressure and transistor punch to play around with and one day work to Komplete

I think True School is the only expansion I don't own…and a friend does. We've been very happy with them for the price compared to other sample packs. The sounds are limited…ish…and the demos on the websites are good examples of what's in there.

If you like the sounds, go for it. If nothing else, they give you a lot more sounds than the same money at sounds2sample or wherever. If you don't like them, spend the money somewhere else.

And I'd second holding off on Komplete unless you know you want that much money worth of NI plugins. I don't think they're worth it at all. I've demo'd most of them that there are demos for, and I just don't like them. I think I deleted the Komplete 8 Elements that came with Maschine to recover drive space because I didn't like anything in it.

Based on reputation and demos, I'd buy Omnisphere long before I'd buy Komplete (if I had the disk space). And I'd try to buy hardware long before I'd buy that.