VCI-400 EGE Custom Midi Maps

Default VCI-400 EGE Custom Midi Maps

Well I've been tinkering with the 400 all week and customizing the mapping to my liking. I must say the 400 is great for that! I will be posting my tsi on this thread soon once I finish.

Some of the changes I made:

• Tempo faders set to direct and 8%
    • Loop encoders closest to the tempo faders are now set for fine tempo adjustment (each step of the encoder changes the tempo bpm by .01!!!)
    o For these same encoders I added a shift button once pressed (find it a bit hard to get to the small shift button below the main volume knob and also the ones under the pads)
    o Also for these encoders I mapped them for fine loop adjustments once you’re in a loop and press shift, so basically you can push down on the encoder and turn it to fine adjust a loop (need to be in a loop for it to work of course)

• Loop set and length encoders are now both the inner loop encoders closest to the eq mid knobs

• Play/cue play (removed pause and use the play button as a re-trigger from cue pt) buttons are now the inner ones closest to the cross fader and blink green/orange when in play mode and stay green when not in play mode. (makes it easy to find! LOL)

• Cue buttons are just next to the play buttons and colors not changed
    o So when nothing is playing the cue is orange and the play green, so no mistaking the buttons!

• I was so use to the S4 effect buttons that I kept messing up when using the ones on the 400 so I changed them as laid out on the software, so the dry/wet knobs are as they are on the software to the left followed by the other 3 knobs.

I have this done for decks A & B but need to finish the loop encoders for decks C & D before I post it.

Other changes I’m planning to do is use the buttons on the top right and left corners for pitch bending and change how they use to work using the shift button.
    Last edited by groovemixer; 04-20-2012 at 08:56 AM.
    ::: mixing music that feeds the soul ::: iTunes | House-mixes.com | Mixcloud
    "If the music you're listening to doesn't give you goosebumps, you're listening to the wrong genre."

Gonna put this in the new Midi section.
    ::: mixing music that feeds the soul ::: iTunes | House-mixes.com | Mixcloud
    "If the music you're listening to doesn't give you goosebumps, you're listening to the wrong genre."