Residency was Cancelled, but is back up again! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a rollercoaster. I walked out on the residency again. This time it was because of the promoter again. Should have known better. He booked Hip Hop DJs to open for what was for the past 3 weeks an electro/fidget night. The DJs booked could not beatmatch, would scratch at excessively high levels, were off key when transitioning, and their track selection was pretty much top 40 with some old school. WTF WERE THEY DOING AT MY GIG???

When I took the decks, I played what I was booked for; electro. There were enough hipsters there that looked disinterested with the 4th play of California Love so I thought I would help them out. Half the bar goes out and a few people start trickling in. Then, another guy, who i have never met, says "I'm kicking you off the decks'. I say, "Who the fuck are you?" He tells me that he works for the guy that runs this, so I'm liek "jose?", He's like no. So I go out and confront Jose about it. He says that I shouldn't be playing DnB...... WTF???? The track that was on was Messiah - Le Castle Vania and Computer Club with the highs/mids running on Watcha Doin? - NASA... There's a break beat, but that doesn't mean it's fucking dnb! So, before i lost my temper, I packed my shit and bounced out.

Needless to say, I haven't been this pissed off in a long time. This same promoter runs an event I'm supposed to spin on Saturday, but he has yet to pay me for this week and last. I hope he has a back up plan or he's fucked. If you want to know the name of the company so you can steer clear of him, send me a pm as I don't want to openly flame.

Fun times man...

Something that us bedroom types never have to deal with. Do we have a 101 for beginers from getting booked up to being booked and how to deal with stuff like that (promoter relationships, legalities, politics, crowd issues,money issues, security, etc?)
    http://soundcloud.com/rvltion909

...chasing beats through ghetto streets...

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

What a douche!

I talked to him today and the beef has been squashed. I'm going to spin the party saturday since my face is plastered all over the flyer but that will be the last show i do with them until they get it together.

that's pretty f'd up.
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

He's screwing you over again, I would steer clear of thet club.

Might even tell the club owner that the promotor is ruining deals here.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Mentor

burn that bastard as bad as you HAVE to, but no worse, if he pays you as he's supposed to, then keep playing, paying gigs are not everywhere.

if he messes with you then walk.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123