Maschine Maschine Maschine... What about Mikro Maschcine?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Maschine Maschine Maschine... What about Mikro Maschcine?

I'm looking into adding Maschine to my DJ setup. Basically all I want is to add drums, sounds, FX etc over the top of tracks playing in Traktor. I've been doing some searching but all I can find is videos/info about syncing Maschine with Traktor, nothing really about Maschine Mikro. I've even asked questions on a few Youtube videos (DJ Endo, DubSpot etc) but didn't get any replies so I was hoping you guys could spread some light. Can this be done with Maschine Mikro?

Setup - MBP running TP2, A&H Xone 92, x2 Kontrol X1s (External mode)

Right now I'm using 4 decks by using x2 A2DJs but will be upgrading to an A10 when I find out about Maschine because I want to route Maschine through the Mic sections on the mixer so I can still have 4 decks for tracks.

Appreciate any help guys! x

With maschine mikro you can sync it to traktor but its done internal.

As the maschine mikro does not have a midi out port like its big brother but in the software it has a sync feature which can be sync'ed to traktors pro virtual output.

So yes it can be done.

Thanks mate.

If I was going to be using Maschine alone to produces beats I'd go for the full £400 unit but Mikro is like half the price and I'll only be using it to add extra parts to my live DJ set as said.

I have the big brother and putting beats/patterns/etc... atop Traktor's output has IME been less than stellar. I find trying to reign in Machine's phase (sync is not really a big issue) to line up with Traktor is a PITA--to such a degree i've scrapped the whole concept until I either figure out something i'm doing wrong or NI gets the integration up to task. Syncing on a mac is easy while on a PC is like driving on an icy road. Also once Machine is sync'd to an external program one loses control over Play/Stop and the program just continues to play regardless making the creation of patterns on the fly via touchpads impossible.
    Maybe someone can set me straight but I would do some serious research first before plopping down the coin for the sole purpose of what you want to do.

It just acts like an actual MIDI sequencer. The Squencer is controlled by MIDI Start/Stop commands, and the phase is dependent on your timing and latency. Using Traktor Virtual MIDI on Mac solves works pretty well, but you'll have to set up a MIDI loop or VirtualAudioCable (honestly I have no idea how to do it internally in Windows), in order to sync it. Usually a sacrosanct hardware MIDI loop does it, but if you don't have 2 MIDI ports or USBs, I have no idea.

Phase comes down to timing, a MIDI clock is a BPM pulse, and you can nudge the clock in Traktor. There should also be a MIDI Start/Stop on Traktor's clock panel, to start the sequencer.

I've got a Maschine Mikro and I do exactly what you described all synced up perfectly in Traktor Pro 2. I'm on a PC so instead of messing with Jack Audio I just use physical cables with a Komplete Audio 6 Soundcard.
    Setup: Kontrol S2, Komplete Audio 6, Maschine Mikro Akai LPD 8, Akai Mpk49, Traktor 2, Ableton Suite 8.
    http://soundcloud.com/miishmash

Tech Wizard

has anyone come acroos a midi fighter mapping for the maschine mikro. i know there is one for the maschine but i have not come across one for the mikro. it seems like it would be pretty easy, i just wouldnt know where to begin.

Cheers for the info guys. I think I'll pick one up and see how things go.

Quote Originally Posted by misha_val View Post
    I've got a Maschine Mikro and I do exactly what you described all synced up perfectly in Traktor Pro 2. I'm on a PC so instead of messing with Jack Audio I just use physical cables with a Komplete Audio 6 Soundcard.
    I seen the guide on Traktor Bible is using Jack Audio but the other videos I've seen from DubSpot doesn't. I'm using a Macbook Pro so fingers crossed it should be easier to setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Shishdisma View Post
    Phase comes down to timing, a MIDI clock is a BPM pulse, and you can nudge the clock in Traktor. There should also be a MIDI Start/Stop on Traktor's clock panel, to start the sequencer.
    pretty much - traktor just sends out a start msg initially and each time u press the 'send sync' button and 24 timing ticks per beat. as soon as u enable 'send clock' it starts pumping it out to every midi device attached.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_08 View Post
    I seen the guide on Traktor Bible is using Jack Audio but the other videos I've seen from DubSpot doesn't. I'm using a Macbook Pro so fingers crossed it should be easier to setup.
    i haven't found a big difference between using the traktor bultin port and the IAC driver. both are massively more stable than using an app on windows like loopMIDI (only tried windows7 tho - before getting my mac)
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

@OP, the only difference between Maschine and Maschine Mikro is the hardware. Use Traktor or Maschine's virtual MIDI Cables, the IAC Driver, or any pair of MIDI interfaces and it'll work.

Quote Originally Posted by space monkey View Post
    I have the big brother and putting beats/patterns/etc... atop Traktor's output has IME been less than stellar. I find trying to reign in Machine's phase (sync is not really a big issue) to line up with Traktor is a PITA--to such a degree i've scrapped the whole concept until I either figure out something i'm doing wrong or NI gets the integration up to task. Syncing on a mac is easy while on a PC is like driving on an icy road. Also once Machine is sync'd to an external program one loses control over Play/Stop and the program just continues to play regardless making the creation of patterns on the fly via touchpads impossible.
    Maybe someone can set me straight but I would do some serious research first before plopping down the coin for the sole purpose of what you want to do.
    Everything worked for me. I'm not doing it now, but that's because I refuse to use sync anymore because I'm too lazy to set beat grids. When I was doing that, it worked flawlessly.

Quote Originally Posted by Shishdisma View Post
    There should also be a MIDI Start/Stop on Traktor's clock panel, to start the sequencer.
    There is. Map it to a MIDI control.

Other than that, it's just manually beat matching (using the MIDI Clock Offset in one of the 2 programs) the two clicks together. Doesn't take long.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast