TTM 57SL Volume Issues
    Tech Convert

Default TTM 57SL Volume Issues

Hey,

I just bought a TTM 57SL second hand. I was told everything was in full working order, but noticed that one of my turntables was significantly louder than the other (I know I can fix this with gains on the mixer but it's a bit annoying). I swapped round the needles to check if they were causing the problem and nothing changed. I then swapped around the channels of each turntable, and the one which was previously quiet was now loud.

I therefore isolated the problem to being an issue with the mixer. Is this something that can be easily fixed? What's the best way of going about things?

Thanks
    My New Gear!
    Technics SL-1210 MKII | Rane TTM 57SL | Novation Dicer | Numark NPM5 | Sony Vaio S

Tech Guru

Could be varieties of issues but I would look towards a bad pot first. The gear heads on here will more help than me but I would check it if you have a proper meter.

djproben - "But who can resist an album called "the Gay 90s"! I assumed it was going to be a lot of Moby and Keoki...."

Tech Guru

Hopefully it isn't an issue with the pre amp circuit, but Rane has tons of authorized service centers which could help you. Sucks you got an "other than advertised" deal. Hopefully the seller works with you.

djproben - "But who can resist an album called "the Gay 90s"! I assumed it was going to be a lot of Moby and Keoki...."

Tech Convert

Yeah, luckily the mixer has 4 channels and I've only got 2 turntables. So for now I don't need to connect anything to the faulty channel.

How much will it cost me to get this repaired at a Rane center?
    My New Gear!
    Technics SL-1210 MKII | Rane TTM 57SL | Novation Dicer | Numark NPM5 | Sony Vaio S

Tech Guru

I'm sure it varies a little between places but I'm outside Washington DC and the places around here charge $95 per hour for labor and only gives quotes for repairs they feel will be more than $200.

If you to Rane's website they list certified service centers for the US and international distributors.

Tech Wizard

Talk to Rane. They have legendary customer service, and will basically refurb your mixer for next to nothing.
    VCI400, 2x T120, Korg Km402, guts and glory