Midifighter Pro, 3D, or Traktor F1
    Tech Wizard

Default Midifighter Pro, 3D, or Traktor F1

I've been playing the last year on the S4. I've had to RMA 3 of them, but at the end of the day I still swear by the machine. I'm looking for an addon controller to use for FX, and allow me more creative possibilities with my performance. I've been using the DJTT S4 mapping to do that for the past few months, and it's worked great. However, switching between modes on the S4 can be a bit cumbersome, and also, the buttons on the S4 aren't the easiest to trigger reliably.The mapping I use from DJTT also disables the loop display on the S4, as well as making the pitch sliders almost ineffective. I'm looking for a small addon controller to use for FX that will enhance my live performance with the S4 without taking up too much space. Right now I'm looking at the MIDI Fighter 3D, Pro, and the upcoming Traktor F1. Knowing DJTT, you guys will get the F1 to do something amazing with a custom mapping, but right now I'm looking for the best value per dollar spent. What's the best device for adding extra FX to my set? I'm not a full scale controllerist like Ean or any of the other guys doing demo videos but I want something that will help me add effects close to a DJM-800/900 that will work easily with Traktor and the S4.
    Software: Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Ableton Live 9, Presonus Studio One 2
    Hardware: Traktor S4, Maschine, 2x Yorkville YSM5, Scarlett 2i2, V-Moda Crossfade LP2, Beyerdynamic DT990-250, MBP 13"
    soundcloud.com/agrelius

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Don't forget about the X1, at least it makes more sense for me.

Totally agree with Padi
    X1 is a great addon controller, dedicated fx unit on top, and 16 buttons for everything you want (like mf mapping)
    Traktor S2 . Traktor X1 . Traktor F1 (in UPS hands atm) . MBP . TP2 . Reloop Rhp-10 .

Soundcloud.
    Gone Vci 100 se arcade edition . Audio 2DJ . Launchpad . RMX . lpd8 .

my votes would be for the X1 or K2 - not the F1 or midi fighters... unless all u want is instant grat type effects - some pots/faders/encoders would be useful. button layout on the K2 is nice and midi fighter ish tho.

edit: there again 4 sets of faders+pots on the F1 would map nicely to effects, depends if u want nicer rgb pads (and going to be bothered to map them well) or more pots/faders... so i'd vote for K2/X1/F1 in that order i guess
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

X1 for sure. ^these guys have it right, top half for FX, bottom half for whatever else you want. Really nice controller, and it will speed up your workflow considerably.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Tech Wizard

The X1 is nice, and I've tried it out, but I'm looking for something with bigger buttons/pads for easier triggering, and also something I won't have to map too much myself. Instant grat effects would be a plus too.
    Hardware: Traktor S4, Maschine, 2x Yorkville YSM5, Scarlett 2i2, V-Moda Crossfade LP2, Beyerdynamic DT990-250, MBP 13"
    soundcloud.com/agrelius

If you want bigger buttons then the F1 is the answer - plus it has all the cue-button features to allow instant track movements.

For the price of an MFP you could get a second-hand MF and a X1.

It's all down to what you really want in order of priority man; loops, cues, FX...?
    13" Macbook Pro i7/8gb/750gb :: Traktor S4 + F1 + Pro 2 :: Allen & Heath DB4 :: Allen & Heath K2 :: Midi Fighter Classic :: Midi Fighter Pro (BM) :: Midi Fighter 3D :: Pioneer RMX1000 :: DJM800 :: 2 xCDJ1000mk3 :: Beats Pro + Beats Studio

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    If you want bigger buttons then the F1 is the answer - plus it has all the cue-button features to allow instant track movements.

For the price of an MFP you could get a second-hand MF and a X1.

It's all down to what you really want in order of priority man; loops, cues, FX...?

I'd definetely say FX. The S4 already takes care of my looping and cue needs, and it's good for basic FX, but a dedicated FX controller would certainly take things to the next level.
    soundcloud.com/agrelius