is there a DJ software in which you can set PLENTY of cue points ?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default is there a DJ software in which you can set PLENTY of cue points ?

ahoj

I'm looking for a DJ software that has the ability to set plenty of cue points (always accessible, like hotcues in traktor), that is compatible with midi controllers, and that can play quantized.

so I can access any part of my track, add some additional samples at the end of them, and mashup & jam like a crazy, AND also play my tracks just like in a regular software DJ set.

for now I do it with ableton live : track split in plenty of clips, all set to "next" except the ones used as samples.
    but that sucks for several reasons : first it takes ages to be set (export sliced track or warp warp warp, set the right beat amount, for each and every clip, so they can play one after another, fastidious as hell), then there is no visual feedback of the track like with a DJ software.

I know that's not a common use for a DJ software (in some points that's more doing a liveset than djing, especially the fact that requires quantization)... but that would simplify my life.

for now I checked traktor (which I own), serato, and deckadance ; unless I missed something, they all have a (very) limited number of cue points.

thanks in advance

tgum

Tech Mentor

i think that with 8 cue points in traktor you cant go wrong... just a head up in ableton thou, you can just warp the track as a whole and then cut it up.. select the export collection function and it will export all cuts a individual .wavs
    Macbook Pro 2011 :: Xone 22 :: Technics 1200 :: Denon DNS3700 :: 2x Midifighter ::Akia MPD24 :: Kaoss Pad 2 :: Audio 6 :: KRK Rockit 5 Darkstar :: Roland Sh-101 :: Traktor Scratch Duo :: Ableton live 8

only app flexible enough that i know of would be virtualdj. afaik u can map an unlimited number of hotcues. even if it didn't you'd still be able to bolt that functionality on via their programmers API. it seems to get a lot of hate around here - but the worst thing about it really is it's name
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Quote Originally Posted by jamthrax View Post
    i think that with 8 cue points in traktor you cant go wrong...
    i could really do with more than 8. i can usually find more than that to setup and store with the track anyway and then i can't drop any other live hot cues while playing if they're all full. i don't see why they don't allow at least 32 to be midi mapped - even if you can only access the first 8 via the gui.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Mentor

you can over lay cue points in traktor thou... i would never use up one cue space just for gridding, fade in/out etc... overlay that stuff so you have 7 free still
    Macbook Pro 2011 :: Xone 22 :: Technics 1200 :: Denon DNS3700 :: 2x Midifighter ::Akia MPD24 :: Kaoss Pad 2 :: Audio 6 :: KRK Rockit 5 Darkstar :: Roland Sh-101 :: Traktor Scratch Duo :: Ableton live 8

i think that with 8 cue points in traktor you cant go wrong...
    not enough at all to do some cue juggling (I would at least need 16, just like on a MPC, but even more would be better)

just a head up in ableton thou, you can just warp the track as a whole and then cut it up.. select the export collection function and it will export all cuts a individual .wavs
    I already do that. that's the quick part. the slow part is to set each and every clip at their own length, otherwise they only play 1 beat if they're set to "next", not counting all the times live! warps stuff totally the wrong way and you have to manually correct it.

Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post
    i could really do with more than 8. i can usually find more than that to setup and store with the track anyway and then i can't drop any other live hot cues while playing if they're all full. i don't see why they don't allow at least 32 to be midi mapped - even if you can only access the first 8 via the gui.
    yep, even if the others were only accessible via custom keys/midi that would already be nice.

Tech Mentor

EDIT ::::::::

i see what you are saying you must mash tracks together!! suppose cause i mix d&b and on turntables i dont need the function that much

As far as I know, you can have more than 8 cue points in Traktor, not sure if they're mapable past 8. I'll have to check that.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

yep, but they need to be hotcues to be link-able to controllers. and afaik you can only have 8 hotcues.

it looks possible with virtual dj via the VDJscript

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast