VCI 100 or go cheaper?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default VCI 100 or go cheaper?

basically im supernoob with actual gears.....(i do use virtual DJ tho)

since im going to have some cash very soon (finally saved some money!)....so im willing to pay up to 500 pound...or 900 USD

now I read all post bout official VCI and stuff....

but will there b any substitues as good as VCI? simply buying cheaper ones like BCD 2000(3000), herclues or KSD2 worth money?

PS:I actually have friends working in arcade....If im getting VCI, i can get arcade buttons free

thanks for all ur comments in advance

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I prefer the VCI-100... and if you have the money I'd say spend it, but only if you're sure it's something you want. At least it has a good resale value
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Mentor

If you have the money, the VCI is an amazing piece of gear. I personally use the RMX by Hercules. Its great. I do love however alot of the features of the VCI. I plan on using both controllers in my setup, my 2 favorite controllers. I no longer use VDJ, its too limiting, I found myself getting very bored using it. I find traktor pro has greater uses and more options for creativity. Which is why were members of this forum no?
    Silly DJ loops are for kids!

Tech Convert

@DJ Animus yes VDJ has so much limitation and soon u find out u either need to get gear or do huge amount of short cut setting. also when im getting gear, im moving to Traktor pro...(VCI also come with LE version )

@DvlsAdvct Thanks...I'm getting it for just bed room use...(or host small patries with friends) so that's why im thinking of getting cheaper ones...but i guess...i can buy VCI and last for while

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Keep in mind that the VCI-100 comes with Traktor LE, which is VERY different from Traktor Pro.

Also, it makes sense to get the cheaper one for bedroom use also. The thing is that when you decide to leave the bedroom you may want to upgrade to the VCI, which will cost you more, and you'll get les than the full value back for the cheap one you buy
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

get the vci, if you dont like it, you can always sell it on craigslist for 100 bux less then what you got it for. why getting some cheap ($$$ wise), then in a few months you want to upgrade and its gonna cost you 1 1/2 or more of what you would have spent on the vci.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Animus View Post
    I no longer use VDJ, its too limiting, I found myself getting very bored using it. I find traktor pro has greater uses and more options for creativity.
    +1 to that.

I came from using 1200's and VDJ timecode set up, switched to VCI back in january, and i amaze myself everyday with my mixing and the possibilities in Tpro and a VCI.

Treat yourself right. Your worth it. Buy the VCI-100. You seriously wont regret it.

Plus you will have MUCH more fun with a VCI compared to any controller.
    The cheaper controller will break too rapidly..
    For traktor, keep in mind that with LE, Traktor pro only costs 99€!

Tech Convert

@DvlsAdvct thx for comment. I am aware of Traktor LE's limitation...but i kno i can up date with cheap price..so i guess it's good for resale value anyway

@JesC,JeRK yeah i get it with the resale value...also the good combination of Traktor and VCI...

one last thought tho...will it b user friendly? i heard some nobs in VCI is very small and im too used to VDJ and it's gonna b my first gear

Tech Convert

@Peter Willis thx to let me kno that others break easily...so i guess VCI is worth all that money

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast