Traktor Scratch did something very strange at a gig last night...
    Tech Mentor

Default Traktor Scratch did something very strange at a gig last night...

I brought my laptop and Audio 6 to a house party where my friend had two SL1200s and a Rane 56S mixer. When I went to switch the input routing from Line to Phono, they automatically switched back. Like, I'd click Phono, and the checked circle would jump back to Line. Thinking this incredibly odd, I restarted Traktor and tried to change them again. No luck. Then I restarted my whole laptop, thinking this should solve the problem for sure. I get rebooted and fire up Traktor, and it no longer even recognizes my Audio 6. Fortunately I had a thumb drive with my tracks on it, so I popped it into my friend's lappy and played off his setup. But this got me worried. Does anyone know what might have happened? I've worked with this setup before btw, but was using Scratch Duo 2. I recently got the free Pro 2 upgrade. I was practicing earlier this week on my CDJs with no problem.

Any ideas?
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | 2x Stanton ST-150 Turntables | Traktor Kontrol F1 | MacBook

www.mixcloud.com/sunshineraleigh

While I would normally jump into "Macs - They just work" mode, I'll try to help you out.

I'm guessing you tried connecting your stuff at home (after the party) and it works fine, but in case it still didn't work here are some things to check.

1. Make sure you have proper drivers installed.

2. Setting up at a gig can be stressful if you're pressed for time... check connections

3. Failing the above, and assuming you don't have time to troubleshoot for days....

4. Backup your files

5. DBAN the drive, and reinstall your OS.

6. Install Traktor (with Audio 6 DJ drivers) ONLY, reconnect, and see if you still have issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosferatu View Post
    While I would normally jump into "Macs - They just work" mode, I'll try to help you out.
    5. DBAN the drive, and reinstall your OS.
    I think troubleshooting the drivers (unistalling the device + drivers doing a wipe and reinstall everything) would be much more effective than reinstalling the whole OS.
    Dj , computer science student and overall technology enthusiast.

The only reason I suggested it, was because in my experience... nothing should be left to chance when a gig is on the line.

I've taken into consideration that reinstalling the (whole, as opposed to partial?) OS is not for everyone, and that's why I said "3. Failing the above, ..."

My laptop is for DJing... If I can spend over a grand on 12's, then I can most certainly dedicate a laptop in return for a stable rig.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosferatu View Post

the OP has a 4Gb 2007 MacBook ....... so they don't "just work".

I think reinstalling everything is a bit severe and is a last case scenario. Although deletion of the drivers and re-installing them would certainly be my first call.

However this sounds like a conflict between the rane and the A6 drivers. Can this be replicated, if so can you document how you did it, then we "may" be able to see the fault.

Good luck with the troubleshooting ....

should have a PC, they never go wrong ....
    XPS L701x i7 16GbRAM 2x 500Gb SSD RAID HD (Windows 7 Ultimate x64) 1 x 1Tb 7200 int.
    TSP 2.6.1 ¦ Audio 8 ¦ Audio 4 ¦ 4 x Denon SC-2000 ¦ 2 x DX2 ¦ EMU shortboard ¦ MIDI_FIGHTER_PRO_PLUS
    SL1210Mk5 x 2 ¦ Numark TTX x2 ¦ DJM-T1 ¦ DDM4000 MIDI Mixer ¦ Numark 4TRAK ¦ neoD+ cables
    8000+ 45's & 2500+ 12's ¦ 2 x Traktor Kontrol S4 ¦ X1 & F1

Quote Originally Posted by JSM View Post

+1

I have an Audio 6 too that has been giving me problems. Mine were a bit different, but if you put in a claim with NI they will help you out. When I reinstalled the drivers and updated the Audio 6 it made the problem worse and I couldn't use my A6 at all, so if this happens you're not alone. NI is taking mine back to test and fix it so if nothing else works at least you have the security of knowing they'll fix it for you

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JSM View Post

I think reinstalling everything is a bit severe and is a last case scenario. Although deletion of the drivers and re-installing them would certainly be my first call.

However this sounds like a conflict between the rane and the A6 drivers. Can this be replicated, if so can you document how you did it, then we "may" be able to see the fault.

Good luck with the troubleshooting ....

The Rane TTm 56s wouldn't cause any problems, that's an analog mixer with no USB. You're probably thinking of the TTM 57SL. I'd say this is a driver issue. And I wouldn't stress to much about your machine. A 5 year old Mac is still a very capable machine.