Getting ripped off from craigslist? can someone offer some help please
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Getting ripped off from craigslist? can someone offer some help please

I bought a Audio 8 + TSP1 serial from craigslist for $250 and I was told the serial # was deactivated....the serial wasn't deactivated.

I talked to the guy before I purchased it and he seemed like a real nice guy. After finding out it wasn't deactivated he said he would take care of it.

He sent a e-mail to NI to deactivate it and he also sent me the ticket number. They sent him an e-mail to confirm some info in order to deactivate the serial # and he supposedly responded (according to him) but not according to NI, I called and NI said they never received an e-mail.

It's been over two weeks...he says he's sent the information they have requested and talked to them and gave them the information over the phone & has uninstalled service center from his computer. He told me he doesn't know what else he can do.

Any serious suggestions for what to do now?

Tech Mentor

Take away a valuable lesson from an awful experience?

Quote Originally Posted by rotebass View Post
    Take away a valuable lesson from an awful experience?

Well, it doesn't sound like the seller was ripping you off as if he was he never wouldv'e sent them an email in the first place. Sounds like a "paperwork issue" I'd ask the seller nicely to resend whatever info he thinks he sent and then follow up with NI. Is the sller relatively local to you?
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    Well, it doesn't sound like the seller was ripping you off as if he was he never wouldv'e sent them an email in the first place. Sounds like a "paperwork issue" I'd ask the seller nicely to resend whatever info he thinks he sent and then follow up with NI. Is the sller relatively local to you?
    Yeah thats what I was thinking...why would he go through all that trouble.

Yes he is local.

I'm guessing it's some bureaucratic BS/Paperwork. Maybe ask NI and or the seller what info they need and see if the seller will give you that info to give to them. Just try to be positive and nice when dealing with the seller as it sounds like they want to do the right thing.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    I'm guessing it's some bureaucratic BS/Paperwork. Maybe ask NI and or the seller what info they need and see if the seller will give you that info to give to them. Just try to be positive and nice when dealing with the seller as it sounds like they want to do the right thing.
    Thats what I'm trying to do it's just a little frustrating because its been over 2 weeks since I told him it was not deactivated. NI wouldn't tell me exactly what information needed to be provided but it has to be sent from his e-mail account anyways.

Tech Mentor

start a new ticket with NI. dont tell them about the other issues with the other guy. just email them with your current serial # and say you want a new serial to activate the trial for TP2 so you can be up to date when 2.5 comes out.

if you really want tsp then you might have to upgrade. dunno if they give that out for free but from my experience they have been very loose with giving out tp2 serials.

He needs to call NI. They have an office in CA and should be able to sort this out. Their service via e-mail is often lackluster, but their phone support tends to be good.

I had the same issue with my s4 when I bought it used. NI sent me a form and told me to fill it out and send it to them to transfer ownership. I can pm that to you if you'd like.
    Maschine Routine with live musicians
    http://youtu.be/ubEQZSvocto
    fb: http://www.facebook.com/djizn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast