Can i convert a pc TSI to work on a mac?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Can i convert a pc TSI to work on a mac?

Hi All

I am working on a new PC tsi for myself and just thought. Will this work on my new macbook pro i am planning on buying (jumping over to the dark side ) this week.

Is there a converter tool or will it work?

Let me know and i will stop what i am doing and start again once i have the mac.

cheers Michael

.....will i regret the jump??

you shouldn't have a problem. just put the tsi on a thumb drive and put it on the mac.
    Last edited by JesC; 05-12-2009 at 04:14 PM.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Yeah the TSI files are cross compatible with both mac and pc.

Yay for XML

Quote Originally Posted by mrmlbell View Post
    .....will i regret the jump??
    Not in the slightest. Getting my macbook pro rejuvenated my love of computers
    Save money on binoculars - Simply move closer to the object you intend to view!

Tech Wizard

Thanks very much Gents, i never knew TSI files were cross compatible.

I was speaking to someone today, who said a Ford Fiesta will get you to London, but you would rather do the journey in an Audi.

I am going for the jump...

Thanks again Michael

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mrmlbell View Post
    I was speaking to someone today, who said a Ford Fiesta will get you to London, but you would rather do the journey in an Audi.
    AWESOME... Im a massive fan of car analogies when use on DJing.
    I use them as much as possible. This is a gem that i am going to steal and use in another place.

Made me giggle.

Tech Wizard

Its yours Karlos, pleased you like it

Quote Originally Posted by Sc1C View Post
    Not in the slightest. Getting my macbook pro rejuvenated my love of computers
    A little story about the jump to Mac. 5 years ago I bought a g4 powerbook, now known as the macbook pro. Since then I've had to restart it 2 times because it wasn't responsive, in 5 years. It runs faster than my nefew's 6 month old higher end Dell. I built a very powerfull Windows home computer to game on, and I still get more enjoyment out of my Imac. Take the jump, you won't regret it.

13" MacBook Pro 2.7 i7 w/dual Raid0 OWC SSDs - S4 - Ableton Live 8- Lemur- iPad 2

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Agreed.

I hate the Mac Vs Pc debate i really do. I spent years working with PC doing graphic design and had no intention of using Mac. Didnt even enter my head.

When i decided to get into this digital dj nonesense after years of vinyl DJing i did a LOT of reading and research with the knowledge of all the problems i had with my PCs and decided to splash out on what was at the time a decent Mac. iBook G4 1.2ghz 1.25gig Ram 80 gig HD... It served me well for 3 years without a single hic-cup and i was hooked on Macs.
    Ive got a MBP now but just after Xmas it went potty and needed a new Logic Board so i had to go back to the iBook and it ran Traktor 3.4 with an Presonus Firebox and a Faderfox on the one FirewWire port WITH keylock and it just performed like a new MBP.

No regrets , no worries. Worth every penny. Especially for someone like me who has got better things to do with my like than tweak laptops (like post on here and at NI all day)... i mean lots of charity work in the community and saving endangered species.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    charity work in the community and saving endangered species.
    you mean endangered species like "real dj's"? i once heard they would exist... but all i see is wavies

MBP, 10.5.6, TPro 2.0.1, Kontrol S4, VCI-300, a bunch of other makes-nerds-happy-stuff
    ...and still haven't got the heart to get rid of my Turntables, Mixer and my Vinyls
    Reggae, Ragga, Dancehall, Chill Out, Dubstep, Breaks, Drum & Bass

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast