Mapping s4 knob controller type -> button?
    Tech Convert

Default Mapping s4 knob controller type -> button?

watching video about creating sweep effects, running on TP2 for the s4 and i map the knob but when i go to choose what type of button, it only leaves the option for knob/fader. Any way of changing it to button?

edit: I also have a hercules RMX and when modifying the midi mapping in tp2, i'm able to use a knob in that case as a button, so i think it just has to do with the s4, any ideas?

In midi mode you can do what you want, in Native mode unfortunately no.
    Traktor S2 . Traktor X1 . Traktor F1 (in UPS hands atm) . MBP . TP2 . Reloop Rhp-10 .

Soundcloud.
    Gone Vci 100 se arcade edition . Audio 2DJ . Launchpad . RMX . lpd8 .

Tech Convert

thanks for the quick reply! Does that mean that if I leave native mode, i lose the default mapping? hmm.. decisions decisions

Yes, you will have to remap everything, and you'll lose HID resolution, for a "normal" midi one
    Traktor S2 . Traktor X1 . Traktor F1 (in UPS hands atm) . MBP . TP2 . Reloop Rhp-10 .

Soundcloud.
    Gone Vci 100 se arcade edition . Audio 2DJ . Launchpad . RMX . lpd8 .

Tech Convert

Alright thanks . I actually ended up plugging my other midi controller in for now and just assigning effects / commands to those while maintaining the resolution on the traktor s4. not an elegant solution but will work for home mixing!

This effect can be set up on an s4 in native mode though. i have it set up on mine.
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Tech Convert

Ohh! Any tips?

Tech Mentor

I always see people complaining about native mode not being customizable and stuff... Why don't we release a mapping for the S4 that is a user made mapping nearly identical to the native mapping (IE the all the knobs and faders and such mapped with lights working)????? Does that lose the loop functionality or something because of the more complex light feedback? I must be missing something otherwise people wouldnt be complaining about this whole situation of "no room for custom midi mapping"

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Part of the S4's mapping is handled with firmware, that's why it's closed. You would run out of modifiers among other things while trying to copy it.