Decent Budget PA System

Default Decent Budget PA System

Hi, this is my first post here...

I need a decent budget speaker system good for monitoring and small gigs and stuff. It will need a fair amount of bass as i produce and perform electro/dubstep. I just need a package that is relatively cheap, packs a punch suitable for a small venue, comes in a package and has good enough bass for bassy music.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Tech Mentor

When people say you're looking for a "budget" system, you still have to give us a budget. When I hear "budget," I hear <$500 USD. But you could be willing to spend a lot more! So with that said, how much are you willing to spend?
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | 2x Stanton ST-150 Turntables | Traktor Kontrol F1 | MacBook

www.mixcloud.com/sunshineraleigh

Tech Mentor

"Bass" and "Cheap" do not go together. What kind of budget are we talking here?

Preferably under £500. Something that will do the job well really. I understand that they may not be the bassiest of speakers, but what is there that is good enough?

Tech Mentor

I'd look at the Phonic Powerpod 410/S710 package with a Gemini GVX-12P active sub. System gets decently loud and the sub won't exactly make your chest thump, but it'll be enough to start with. The sub will run about 300 USD, the Powerpod system will run about 200 USD. Gonna need a bit more for cabling I'm assuming, so you should be a little under budget, assuming I'm not completely whacked out in my general currency exchange guesses. You could upgrade the speakers if you find you're still within your budget. Is this an ideal, easy to set up system? Not really, but it does work and sounds pretty good for such little money.
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | 2x Stanton ST-150 Turntables | Traktor Kontrol F1 | MacBook

www.mixcloud.com/sunshineraleigh

Tech Mentor

2 rcf art310 or 312

Tech Guru

In that price range, there are two options that I can recommend.

B52 Matrix 1000v2. Two tops, and a sub. Not (easily or economically) expanded.
    RFC 312A, pair. Two tops. Good for monitoring. Add a sub (or two) for additional bass when funds are available.
    Denon X1600, NI X1 Mk1 & Mk2, MF Twister
    Kontrol S2, Maschine Mk1, APC 40
    Retired: VCI-100 Arcade (Signed #198/300))
    BFM 10x DR200 & 10x Titan 39

Tech Mentor

Go with the RCFs, rent a sub for any events that they won't handle. Then when you do have more funds to upgrade you can either sell the RCFs for decent coin, or put them on monitor duty.