Downgrading traktor. Need to stop this lag! - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Aint specting anything, i'm not an apple fan, this mac was given to me by mom for me to take it to gigs and shit, i love my old PC but you think taking my whole pc to a gig is the way to go? nope.

So what were you doing for your gigs before?
    Cheers!
    | 13" rMBP | KORG ZERO4 | NOVATION TWITCH | 2 X CDJ-200 | KONTROL X1 |

This same laptop, illegal traktor scratch pro 2 with a mixtrack pro. I bought the S2 and it wouldn't work with the illegal copy of traktor, installed the version that came up on the CD and lag issues started popping up.

Found activity monitor out of 100% CPU traktor is taking 82.5%

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Sorry mate I don't think there's any magic bullet tricks you can do to make Traktor 2 Perform much better.

1. Its 6 Year old Laptop
    2. Its got an unsupported processor (you need Core 2 Duo minimum as opposed to Core Duo)
    3. Possibly without the required OS, you can hit the Apple on the top left and "About this mac" to display the version, 10.6 is required.
    4. Possibly without enough Ram

Now the Core Duo "Might" work within reason if the rest of the specs are ok.. recommend getting 3GB of ram as well - its the max for that machine, even if you stick a pair of 2gb into it.

Honestly though you are probably looking at upgrading your Lappy to run everything properly.

Weird however that the Cracked Scratch Pro 2 Worked fine, no hiccups ?

You are sure it was Scratch pro 2 (Colored Waveforms and Sample Decks) and not Scratch Pro 1.2 ?

... Can you verify the Version e.g. 2.0.1, 2.0.8 etc... of the illegal copy? - you might need to trash the preferences for Traktor.
    Last edited by deevey; 04-24-2012 at 02:22 PM.

What i don't understand, is why my older machine runs traktor perfectly? it's worse isn't it?

Pentium(R) Dual core CPU E5300 @ 2.60Ghz
    1.50 gb Ram.

Do you have "multicore support" turned off in traktor preferences?
    The MUSIC is what matters!
    Everything else is _________

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

If the cracked copy didn't show the S2 then it's clearly one of the first T2 versions. That being said, we aren't the biggest fans of cracked software so please move along

Yes multicore support is off, i'm not using any cracked versions anymore. What about formatting the mac? think that would work?

Doesn't hurt to try since the alternative would be get a new laptop. As other have said, its bare minimum of specs, do a fresh install of both OS and traktor. When setting up the S2 start at the highest latency. If it still "lags" then you know it wont work. If it doesn't lag then adjust the latency accordingly.
    The MUSIC is what matters!
    Everything else is _________

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast