Downgrading traktor. Need to stop this lag!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Downgrading traktor. Need to stop this lag!

Guys

i know i've posted and said this a lot of times, but i just can't stand the lag i'm getting while using TP2 on my mac. I think this mac covers the specs required for traktor, but still it won't cut it.

So i'm wondering if i can download an older version of traktor that runs good with my S2, like 2.0.3 or something, or maybe even a cracked version that will work with my S2. I'm just trying to stop this lag, i can't gig like this, i run 4 decks and most of the time there's 3 playing. If i wanna pop effects, then it's done, i get 15 second laggs where the load marker goes all the way red until i stop the effect.

Please help!

About this MAC:

2Ghz Intel Core duo
    2GB 667 Mhz DDR2 SDRAM
    Running traktor pro 2.1.3 latest drivers for Kontrol S2.

Check your latency settings, and run a system monitor to check what's actually eating your CPU up.

How do i run a system monitor?

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Applications/Utilities/Activity Monitor

You are a little tight on the RAM side, specially if you are running on Lion. Did you try to disable multicore in Traktor? it seems to help a few.

I don't know what OS i'm running, and i don't really care, i don't go for the looks, i just want this mac to run traktor and ableton without spiking / lagging issues, what can i do? What OS takes the least ram?

Yes i disabled multicore processor, still no changes

I run a 2.4GH/2GB mac and I have no problems. You can also turn off wifi and make sure no other programs are running to see if that helps.
    The MUSIC is what matters!
    Everything else is _________

So what latency setting did you stop at before you decided it was no go? What was the overall latency at that sample rate?
    Cheers!
    | 13" rMBP | KORG ZERO4 | NOVATION TWITCH | 2 X CDJ-200 | KONTROL X1 |

Quote Originally Posted by geminimech View Post
    So what latency setting did you stop at before you decided it was no go? What was the overall latency at that sample rate?
    I stpped at like 960, latency was at 20ms or so.

Quote Originally Posted by DarioJ View Post
    I run a 2.4GH/2GB mac and I have no problems. You can also turn off wifi and make sure no other programs are running to see if that helps.
    How many decks do you use? What is your OS? yes i've tried stopping everything and still the load bar without any song playing and no songs loaded is almost at red.

it's not a matter of ram, my desktop which is 7 years old or more, that has 1.5gb ram runs traktor pro 4 decks all effect units on, on all 4 decks, 2 being looped down to the max and doing some crazy shit that's supposed to raise the ram usage of traktor but it still doesn't top up.

What can i do? been searching for like 1 week on how to fix this but i can't find anything related, i can't gig on this lag.

You only have one solution that has been pointed out to you MANY times.

If you can't deal with the latency setting that keeps you from audio issues, then you need to buy a new machine, or go back to your old one.

There isn't a magical setting you're going to stumble upon that will fix your problems. Disable peripherals and turn up the latency, or buy a new machine.

Sorry man, I know it's not the answer you want to hear, but you're expecting too much just because there's a glowing apple on the back of your machine.
    Cheers!
    | 13" rMBP | KORG ZERO4 | NOVATION TWITCH | 2 X CDJ-200 | KONTROL X1 |

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast