Anyone out their still DJ just for the love of making people dance?
    Tech Wizard

Default Anyone out their still DJ just for the love of making people dance?

So i was reading through a few threads yesterday and 1 stuck out that kind of rubbed me the wrong way. Some kid wining about not being signed to a label yet even though his tracks are "amazing". Dude, i've been for quite some time now, im only 25, and i still love doing what i do without a label just because i love to make people dance.

Just wondering if there was anyone else out there that still loves to DJ and continues to do so for the love of it, and isnt "signed".

I think the same thing when I see a thread about the great "sync" issue. It's not about YOU or other DJs, if the people are bouncing about and the dance floor is packed, you ARE a DJ. Rock on!
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

The joy of playing people good music is the only reason as far as I'm concerned. If its a full-time job and you get to play good music, then great! If not, it's just a job.

PS chances are you won't get famous kids!
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

I enjoy every single time i get to play in front of a crowd and i ge payed for something i love to do! Isn't that awsome?!
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    The joy of playing people good music is the only reason as far as I'm concerned. If its a full-time job and you get to play good music, then great! If not, it's just a job.

PS chances are you won't get famous kids!

Lol getting famous should be the last thing on any "real" dj's mind, consider the amount of time some of the biggest names in the industry took to make a name, most of the big names that are "famous" are in their 40's lol.

Dj's don't get famous! Producer who dj get famous FACT
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Tech Wizard

Aaahhh man, I actually partially disagree, what standards of famous are we talking here. In my opinion being well known in the club scene and having a fan base when you are announced to play a club on a specific night is "Famous" by Dj standards. Granted, not commercial famous like your guettas, or morillos BUT famous by some standards non the less.

Hell, if i knew 10 people were excited to come see me play a set i would feel great about it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by JayQuil View Post

Just wondering if there was anyone else out there that still loves to DJ and continues to do so for the love of it, and isnt "signed".

Me. I've quit DJing 3 times over the years. (started in the late 80's) I always come back. Longest time I did not touch the tables was for nearly 12yrs. Got back into again in late 2009 early 2010. For one reason and one reason only, I love seeing people going nuts when I drop the right song. I love making go through ebb and flow of the music I play.

I hate the politics that comes with it and the shady people you have to deal with (promoters). Right now I have a decent day job and don't really need the money. So I can afford to be picky in the gigs I take on. Don't get me wrong, I don't do it for free.
    1 Denon DNX1600, 2 Technics SL1200MKII, 1 Pioneer DDJ SX, 1 Reloop Terminal Mix2, 1 MBP running VDJ/Traktor/Serato SL/DJ
    Soundcloud
    Vimeo
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by pilmat View Post
    I think the same thing when I see a thread about the great "sync" issue. It's not about YOU or other DJs, if the people are bouncing about and the dance floor is packed, you ARE a DJ. Rock on!
    +1