Virtual dj mappers for midi fighter pro? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

@zestoi... yeah that's what i was thinking too, it just needs a little accent the edge but I don't want to try and recreate hardware to the hundred billionth time for a vdj skin LOL ...minimalism is so hard in reality

sorry i must of had you confused with the mixtrack thing...

if all you have is buttons you can use a script like this to turn on effects and automate the sliders at the same time.

effect "effect name" slider # 0% & effect "effect name" active on while_pressed & repeat 20ms & effect "effect name" slider # +0.01

that will turn the effect on and move the slider as long as the key is pressed...

you only need to change the effect name in blue and the # in orange for the slider number you want to automate.... when you want to get further in depth you can automate more than one slider of more than one effect for some great results, that is how the propper vdj mapper will work but like I said I need someone to test it properly before I release it as I don't have one and can't see myself buying one tbh...
    Last edited by synthet1c; 04-25-2012 at 04:49 AM.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Tech Wizard

code really does scare me lol, so with that id have to press one of the buttons + automate the two sliders and to end doing effects release the button? that seems like it would be hard to do physically with ya hands so i hope im confused lol, and like i said ill test + do whatever u need to get it to be the best it can be, will help me learn how to use it better too i imagine.

that line looks like it will enable the effect, reset the slider to 0% and then auto increment it 0.01% every 20ms. so does all that from a single button press (while it's being held)

i wouldn't call vdjscript "code" but i guess it depends on how u look at it. i think it's very powerful for the limited syntax it uses.

i'm looking at some simpler syntax for configuring my own midimasher app and the power verses simplicity of vjscript is quite temping. i may have to implement something similar and see what ends up being simple/tricky using it... mmscript?

midimasher also has a separate "device definition file" that defines names for each midi control for a controller - not in xml - but also a similar idea to what vdj does.

i'm sure you'd get into vdjscript easily enough if u wanted to - as there's not all that much to learn - and the wiki looks helpful with the syntax and "verbs" (actions) that u can use
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

no it all happens with the press of the button/key, in point form it will do the following:
    • reset the slider you are moving
    • turn on the effect when the button is pressed
    • move the slider 1% or the distance every 20 milliseconds while the button is pressed
    • turn off the effect when the button is released

what is an effect you like to use? i don't remember what comes standard anymore... i'll show you an example you can use on your keyboard, then you can modify it anyway you like by changing the effect name & slider number

EDIT------------------

beat me to it.... and if you change the script language in midi masher you would definately get more layman users like me LOL
    Last edited by synthet1c; 04-25-2012 at 07:01 AM.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by synthet1c View Post
    no it all happens with the press of the button/key, in point form it will do the following:
    • reset the slider you are moving
    • turn on the effect when the button is pressed
    • move the slider 1% or the distance every 20 milliseconds while the button is pressed
    • turn off the effect when the button is released

what is an effect you like to use? i don't remember what comes standard anymore... i'll show you an example you can use on your keyboard, then you can modify it anyway you like by changing the effect name & slider number

EDIT------------------

beat me to it.... and if you change the script language in midi masher you would definately get more layman users like me LOL
    perhaps loop roll or flipping double or beatgrid? so the way i understand it is if you press for example reverb and wanted to change the parameters you hold down? all this is really really confusing to me , i can basically only understand '' press first button to do x , move faders to do Y , press and hold first button to do this '' , so the extra fader and filter knob on a pro would do what? + how long would it take you to implement it into the existing map once i get the controller? Really dont get this enough to be doing it all alone lol

Quote Originally Posted by synthet1c View Post
    yup - this is what i'm thinking tho with your vdjscript skills you're far from being a "layman". i just hope that this kind of syntax would lower the learning curve for midimasher by several thousand percent so many more people will give it a go.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

probably about 20 minutes if you give me the info I need and the buttons send the same info as the classic, about an hour to create a new one.. so it's pretty easy once you know what your doing... the hardest thing is deciding what you want everything to do lol...

and those effects aren't the best to show this but this will start a 1 beat roll and decrease the size the longer you hold the button. this is only to map 1 button, nothing else as everything is automated to the single press.

effect "looproll" slider 2 70% & effect "effect name" active on while_pressed & repeat 20ms & effect "looproll" slider 2 -0.005

actually I just tried it on a keyboard... unfortunately because keystrokes are repeated it wont work, it's fine on a controller though I never use the keyboard sorry...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12