Traktor 3 + Trigger Finger + Sony Vaio
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Traktor 3 + Trigger Finger + Sony Vaio

Hi, I'm really new to digital DJ-ing, and would appreciate some help with getting my equipment up and running.

I have recently bought a Trigger Finger mainly to be used for mixing in Traktor 3. As my laptop just broke down I've tried hooking it up to a friend's PC Laptop, but I could not get the Learn-function to find any of the pads/knobs. The Trigger Finger is listed in the MIDI controllers list as Active, but it still doesn't seem to recognise it.

I've heard that this might be solved buy buying a powered supplied USB-hub, but as I am on kind of a tight budget, I don't want to buy anything in vain. The laptop that I've ordered is a Sony Vaio, and now I'm wondering if anyone have any experience with using TF in Traktor on a Vaio?

And also if there is something that I, as a noob, might have missed in setting up the TF in Traktor, that might help the Learn-function to recognise it? I've downloaded a number of .tsk:s and tried to implement them, but the controller is still not recognised...

Thanks in advance for advice!

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I know that the PadKontrol has scenes and you can change what the pads and faders do. Did you do this? If so, did you save it to the Trigger Finger?
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Convert

I don't really follow you.. what I did when I got the Trigger Finger (I bought it second hand) was to reset it and download Trigger finger default settings to it via Enigma.. as of now I'm not really planning to use it as a drum machine first hand, but to assign Traktor Hotkeys to the controllers.

Okay, so you're just using the default values. Have you tried loading Traktor and THEN plugging/turning on the Trigger Finger?
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Convert

No I haven't tried that.. thanks for the tip! I will try it when I get home from work.. The thing is that Traktor do get a signal from the TF, as it is listed in the MIDI controllers list as 'Active', but it doesn't seem to get any signal from the pads when I try to use the "Learn" function...

Give that a shot.

I've had this problem in the past, I just need to rack my brain to remember how I fixed it. Also try updating drivers, etc.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Convert

I tried to plug it out and plug it in while in Traktor, but that didn't work... If you would remember how you solved it I would be really thankful if you let me know!

Just to make sure (cause I can't be there to see it)

You have the most updated drivers for the TF
    The light in Traktor for MIDI lights up when you hit a command
    The TF is selected in your MIDI In menu
    When you press Learn in the MIDI Commands menu nothing happens
    The TF has commands mapped to every pad and fader in whatever software it uses

right?
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Convert

I have updated the drivers for the TF
    I'm not sure what lights you mean, but I haven't seen any lights light up when I hit a command
    The TF is selected in the MIDI menu, and listed as 'Active'
    When I press 'Learn' and hit a pad/knob on the TF nothing happens, but the Learn works fine with keyboard buttons(the keyboard on my laptop)
    As far I as understand, I have downloaded the default TF settings to the controller, but still Learn does not work, nor any of the .tsk:s I've downloaded

I have downloaded a program called 'MIDIhack' or similar, which recognises all the commands and values from the TF correctly, also this program tells me that the TF works on ch 10, but I still can't get it to work with ch 10 selected in Traktor. As I am really new to this, I don't know what all the settings in Traktor means.. so there might have been something that I have overlooked, but I've tried to play around with the settings the best I could and still no signal...

There's a light at the top of the screen in Traktor that should flash whenever it receives a MIDI command.

But if MIDIHack is picking up signals then it's a problem with Traktor. My first guess would be to re-install, if you haven't tried that.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast