Cool idea: FX Mapping for Mac multitouch trackpad

Default Cool idea: FX Mapping for Mac multitouch trackpad

I realize this is a difficult one, but it would be very cool if it could be done.

Those of you who have played with djay 4.0 for Mac or djay for iOS might have noticed the Multitouch FX pad. It's dead simple to use and consists of FX amount and a filter on a Y/X axis layout. You can have a glimpse of it at 00:24 in the official djay video http://www.algoriddim.com/djay-mac

What I would love to see is a way to map the trackpad to Traktor's FX decks, not unlike what Ean has done in the official DJTT mappings for various controllers' jog wheels. Put a finger on the pad and slide up and down for filter and left and right for the FX itself. This won't have to be limited to just a simple effect gesture controlling the amount - it could very well be set up the way jog wheel effects are set up in one of the many DJTT mappings, i.e. different parameters of the effect (or even multiple different effects) changing depending on how you slide your finger across the pad.

I have no idea of how to implement this, but I do know how easy and, more importantly, much fun it is to use in djay. If you haven't already done so and own a MacBook, download the djay 4.0 trial and play with the FX pad. I think it's very useful and a lot of fun.
    Check out my pages on SoundCloud and MixCloud

Gear: rMBP15" + Traktor Kontrol S4 + S4 Flight Case + Traktor Pro + iPad with Traktor DJ + Tonium Pacemaker

Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Thanks, will check them out more thoroughly later today. One is Windows only and some aren't being maintained.
    I am not experienced in MIDI programming so for me it seems a bit daunting. Well worth it if it succeeds though.

Gear: rMBP15" + Traktor Kontrol S4 + S4 Flight Case + Traktor Pro + iPad with Traktor DJ + Tonium Pacemaker

I found this! http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/track...20188180?mt=12

It does exactly what I ask of it and Traktor detects it just fine. I just don't have a clue how to program it properly. If anyone's interested in achieving the same thing and knows how to program MIDI, please get in touch here