Speaker/Gear Recommendation

Default Speaker/Gear Recommendation

Hey guys, new here.

I'm a college kid who has loved EDM and DnB and that sort of music for the past 3 or 4 years and I really want to get into DJ'ing. I've been fooling around with the stuff I already have, but really want to make it more than just a side hobby and maybe get some gigs or something of that sort. Since I'm in a college town, getting gigs for friend's parties and moving up won't be too hard once I have the right stuff. I'm working this summer and since I'll be raking in the dough, I'm wondering what I'll need to hit it big.

What I've got so far:

Traktor Pro 2
    Kontrol X1

I'm thinking about getting the S2, but I'm really not sure about that still.
    I need some suggestions on what I should start off buying, controller and speaker wise.

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated!

F

S2 would probably be very beneficial to your setup.

Also headphones?

Speakerwise, there are heaps of threads in here about good cheap speakers, but i suggest getting 2 powered (or passive if you want an amp as well) and then a sub or 2 as well as some lights.
    “Getting information off the Internet is like taking a drink from a fire hydrant." Mitchell Kapor
    Setup: TP2 - Vestax Typhoon - Korg NanoPad - Windows 7 x64 - Sony Vaio (Deceased) - Acer Aspire Timeline.
    House Parties - 2x12" Titan Audio PA's, 1xBehringer B1500D Sub

Right now I'm using these
    http://store.razerzone.com/store/raz...oryId.35096300
    I know they are gaming headphones, but they are really not to shabby for the price. If you have something to recommend, I'm all ears.
    I really do like Traktor and the S2 would be great, but it is kinda costly. I've been recommended the Numark Mixtrack Pro before, which route do you think I should go?