Finally got a 13" MBP...
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Finally got a 13" MBP...

UPS just delivered my 13" MBP. Now my question for the Mac usess is how do I transfer Traktor Pro and my music files from my PC laptop?
    --------------------------------------------------
    2023 14" MacBook Pro M2 Max 32 GB (OS Ventura 13.5.1), Rekordbox, Technics SL-1210GRs,
    DJM-A9, DDJ-XP2, Sennheiser Acoustick.

Tech Mentor

why did u get a mac if u are used to pc?

I'm sorry to say but its pretty much an old wives tale these days that you NEED a mac to do DJing....over priced undergeared laptop if u ask me.

and to get at ur question at hand...i dont know if it is possible to transfer ur Traktor files from PC to Mac...
    Kontrol S4-Novation Launch Pad-MF Pro BM-Traktor Pro 2-KRKRP8/KRK10-Windows 7 64 Bit-Toshiba A660

I dont care if you use 2 ipads...2 cassette tapes...or a washboard and a wooden spoon...if you rock it, you rock it.

It is very possible with an external drive formatted to FAT32. If you have an external hit me up and I will walk you through it. It did not seem like he was asking for opinions, just how to transfer files.
    DJ RERX (Dee-Jay-Ree-Wrecks)
    15" MacBook Pro/iPhone 4S/TouchOSC/Traktor Pro 2/Kontrol S4/Akai MPK Mini
    Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/d-burns420
    Beatport DJ: http://dj.beatport.com/rerx

I could have purchased another PC, but then I would spend an hour optimizing it for audio work and then the next few weeks chasing conflicts.
    Anyway, I'm not trying to start a Mac vs PC debate.
    2023 14" MacBook Pro M2 Max 32 GB (OS Ventura 13.5.1), Rekordbox, Technics SL-1210GRs,

Quote Originally Posted by DStridium View Post
    It is very possible with an external drive formatted to FAT32. If you have an external hit me up and I will walk you through it. It did not seem like he was asking for opinions, just how to transfer files.
    Actually I have several external HDs, I'll drop you a PM tomorrow, I'm off to work in a few. Thanks.

Tech Wizard

install traktor on the mac? the mac installer should be on the install disc and use external harddrive to copy music across.

Don't you just have to put your .tsi and .nml files in the right places?

Tech Mentor

There are tons of articles out there on how to do this.

Not to be a dick, but just Google it. I just recently had to do this, although I went from Mac to Mac. I only transferred my iTunes because I wanted to start from scratch with Traktor. I'm not sure how move Traktor, or if its even possible, to do that. The key is having the original iTunes library files in the same location on the new computer.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help, I'm on my work computer and do not have access to my bookmarks.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Gapout View Post
    why did u get a mac if u are used to pc?

I'm sorry to say but its pretty much an old wives tale these days that you NEED a mac to do DJing....over priced undergeared laptop if u ask me.

and to get at ur question at hand...i dont know if it is possible to transfer ur Traktor files from PC to Mac...
    Cool your jets PC boi.

FAT32 Drive, export your settings from Traktor on the PC, make sure you get NI to deactivate the PC license. Copying your library is a bit more involved if you want to keep your beat grids and cue points, there should be a guide on how to do it though...

i had to do the same thing the other month but wanted to start from scratch mostly anyway. i just downloaded the traktor pro demo for mac and unlocked it in the service center. mp3's etc i copied across using a fat32 external drive - but now use "scp" to copy most files to/from the mac (u just need to enable the sshd server on the mac). pretty sure u only need the files that mostapha mentioned - may have to relocate them when traktor checks the collection? i did a similar thing when migrating my itunes collection and just did a search+replace in the xml file from the old to new locations.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast