DJing as a Team (Pair) - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I'd like to see pictures of a tag team???

hmmmm let me re-word that!

I'd like to see pictures of two DJ's hittin' it side by side...

hmmmm

Okay lets try this again.

I'd like to see pictures of your setups side by side or at behind the decks side by side, etc.

You know what I mean...
    Last edited by djerikc; 05-14-2009 at 04:28 PM. Reason: typo

Unfortunately it was for a three headed crowd only, but here goes.

See if you can spot dannyboy and me.

Ean actually met this guy at the Messe, and give him a play button sticker for me.
    Thing is, he forgot to take it along with him.

And congratz on the 2k post bro'! Glad to still have you on board!
    Last edited by tekki; 05-14-2009 at 04:51 PM.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

sweet pix tekki. ill take some on sunday, Im running a 2 vci's & 2 macbooks into a 2 ch Numark mixer. Plus we sync by ear and keep the bpm's around 130.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Cool and thanks man!

And ofcourse, break a leg!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)

i might getting off my jeep.

Quote Originally Posted by mpetersen3 View Post
    Myself, and djhipnotikk are having a party this saturday, I was wondering, how do those of you who dj with a partner do it. What are the dynamics that you have that make this work.
    good on yas to be honest its pretty limiting only using the one vci due to size/space factors so we've just been playin back to back while we wait for the firmware upgrade to come out.

More specifically,
    -Single Comp/Dual Comps (if so midi sync, or just alternating turns?)
    one comp + one vci back to back

-How does this enhance the mix (is it just more time to think of a good song/ more creativity)
    at this point it just makes it more fun, but when we get 4 deck control things will change. (firmware *cough*)

-Downsides?

Also are there any techniques that having 2 people opens up that you can't do with one?
    prolly beggining to sound like a broken jog-wheel now (i made a funny ), but the FIRMWARE UPGRADE will bring the potential to be playing 4 tracks at once, 4 effects banks etc. also open doorways to layering/looping too.
    and prolly a whole lot of other stuff that im no good at remembering when im hung over

firmware upgrade
    firmware upgrade
    firmware upgrade
    firmware upgrade
    firmware upgrade
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Kaon, none of that has to do with drum and bass.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaon View Post
    good on yas to be honest its pretty limiting only using the one vci due to size/space factors so we've just been playin back to back while we wait for the firmware upgrade to come out.

More specifically,

one comp + one vci back to back

at this point it just makes it more fun, but when we get 4 deck control things will change. (firmware *cough*)

prolly beggining to sound like a broken jog-wheel now (i made a funny ), but the FIRMWARE UPGRADE will bring the potential to be playing 4 tracks at once, 4 effects banks etc. also open doorways to layering/looping too.
    and prolly a whole lot of other stuff that im no good at remembering when im hung over

firmware upgrade
    firmware upgrade
    firmware upgrade
    firmware upgrade
    firmware upgrade
    If you on a mac check this post out...

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4936

Dual VCI's on 1 Mac

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki View Post
    That's what we did last Sunday. Standard tempo, we started with 128BPM, ended up on 134 I think.

9 DJs spinning b2b2b2b2b2b2b2b2b:
    Cool man I donīt think I even know 9 djs around where I live ! And never seen so much nice gear laying around... MMM I have to move from here soon!!

Quote Originally Posted by JesC View Post
    i might getting off my jeep.

Ghahahaha, fek man, you got me there!
    (Wish I had me one! )
    Quote Originally Posted by alien2k View Post
    Cool man I donīt think I even know 9 djs around where I live ! And never seen so much nice gear laying around... MMM I have to move from here soon!!
    Ghehehe, you're more than welcome my friend!
    And yeah, this was really cool. Next time we already have two more that want to go at it too.

1 will than hopefully have his Xone 4D, and another will join with his oldschool VCI-100 and UC33e.

Ru-bix vs Jester was just me and my brother originally, we have tried a few methods for the changeover but now that i'm doing mainly house, the tempo difference between me and my brothers psy sets is too great so we usually just come up with something on the night, Even just a slow down then spin off. I have made a few short instrumental intro's also, always good to overlay on your last track. e.g boom boom boom // ladies and gentlemen...// that sort of thing.
    Now we have a Dubstep/Breaks guy on the crew and i'm training up another mate on traktor also.
    Sometimes once i'm done i like to lap up the praise b4 letting anyone else plays haha.
    Last edited by Jester; 05-14-2009 at 10:38 PM.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" Iím the Dude, so thatís what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if youíre not into the whole brevity thing. "

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast