PS3 Controller + Traktor?

Default PS3 Controller + Traktor?

So, i just thought that maybe it was possible to use my PS3 controller with Traktor. If anyone knows how to do this, id reeeeaaally appreciate all the info i can possibly get. What software do i need? I have looked around on the internet and i haven't really found too much info yet.

Thanks!

I am soo curious why you want to do something like that even there are amazing things that you can do with playstation ?
    Macbook Pro-Mixmeister Fusion-Traktor Pro 2-Audio 2

you'll just need a hid-to-midi app. there's a few around. there's a sticky in one of the other subforums. midimasher also supports hid devices, i've used a usb gamepad with it before to emulate a midi fighter in 4banks mode, quite fun to use...
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

I seen a DJ using a wii controller, cant really see the poiint myself

me either - when playing out - but to have some extra controls to midi map and experiment with at home it's not a bad idea. my only real interest in using a gamepad was to add hid support to midimasher - tho some people have built some very cool homebrew controllers around gamepad brains.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl

i´m using a guitar hero guitar sometimes when gigging out. have some fx´s mapped to it. just a funny gimmick
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Tech Convert

Just wrote an article about this will post link when its published. Its Really easy though if you download xpadder and map that with keys and then make those keys shortcuts in traktor. No midi neccessary

personally i'm not a big fan of keyboard shortcuts since u have to make sure that traktor is in focus. for people only running traktor or at least not switching to another app like ableton often i guess this isn't an issue tho.

Quote Originally Posted by daftnoize View Post
    Just wrote an article about this will post link when its published. Its Really easy though if you download xpadder and map that with keys and then make those keys shortcuts in traktor. No midi neccessary
    Shit, i tried it and it worked I used something called DS3 tool instead of xpadder. Only problem (a pretty big one) is that there's a big delay between me pressing a button, and something happening on the screen :/

Quote Originally Posted by afferik View Post
    Shit, i tried it and it worked I used something called DS3 tool instead of xpadder. Only problem (a pretty big one) is that there's a big delay between me pressing a button, and something happening on the screen :/
    xpadder (or ds3 i guess?) is only reading the gamepad info and emulating keystrokes, so shouldn't be any delay in theory. so long as you're not using a gamepad connected over wifi/bluetooth or something...

there's no delay that i can notice when using my gamepad via midimasher, which is sending midi to traktor. xpadder should be as good as it's meant for gameplaying etc?

can u remove the soundcloud player from your sig - before a mod sees it