laidback luke's studio - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

The man with the Windmill Skills.

Still I think his smile is his biggest trademark.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Guru

Smile is definitely it, I'm not gay but he seems so happy that it is contagious, a great skill for a dj to have

Ed. Not trying to bash being gay imo theres nothing wrong with it, just clarifying that looking at him makes me happy because he is so happy and you can see it.
    FIX8:OSCill8
    My Rig: Macbook 13" (2.16ghz 4gb crucial ram), VCI-100 custom paint, Korg Nanopad, Axiom 25, DJIO

id be happy all the time too if my main job was producing/djing and it took me all over the world. No reason not to be.

Tech Mentor

its ironic how the most empty people in life are those who seem to have it all? did you know depression rates increase at nearly the same rate as salary in the US?
    contentment isnt found in having stuff or having the dream job.

sweet video, he has some sweet remixes.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Quote Originally Posted by sm00sh View Post
    http://felixcartal.com/?p=27

Felix Cartal works with minimal gear as-well.

he really rocks his uc33 live. He brought coachella to its knees.
    cool link, didnt know he produced this way also. he also melted my face off at coachella...

can you name me a few great tracks by LBL? the ones i heard sucked imo, but i was totally amazed by his dj performance so i figure there must be some good ones too.
    my favorite track of his is break down the house. he also has some good remixs, check out his white night two remix by surkin. hes also got a funny will smith miami remix that is always a dance floor hit

This made me think... being digital djs and all.. do you guys think the most important piece of equiptment for a digital dj/digital producer is the softwares he or she uses? obviously good tracks can be made or mixed with very minimal hardware and some quality software used to its fullest extent? opinions?

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

Ruskos setup is also fuck all, a usb mic, two basic keyboard controllers, and acid as his daw

Quote Originally Posted by the shmobletons View Post
    This made me think... being digital djs and all.. do you guys think the most important piece of equiptment for a digital dj/digital producer is the softwares he or she uses? obviously good tracks can be made or mixed with very minimal hardware and some quality software used to its fullest extent? opinions?
    Nope it's our ears .

so who can tell me what mixer and keyboard he is using?

Quote Originally Posted by djhipnotikk View Post
    hits have been made in fruity loops, for an extreme example.
    lol @ extreme example - thats not very extreme
    I am pretty sure it is image line created the term "DAW" that we all use today, so using fruity as an extreme example isnt very extreme at all

But yeah... all you need is a mouse and a computer and you can rock that ****
    The most usefull accessory that you can get is a 2 or more octave midi keyboard.
    Last edited by BentoSan; 05-14-2009 at 08:46 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast