Ordering Track Collection
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Ordering Track Collection

I saw a thread on the NI Forum, but with no clear answer, so I thought to ask on this forum in hopes there would be a wise Traktor master with an answer (something simple I'm missing maybe).

How do I reorder the tracks in my track collection? I can move a track to where I want it and then save the collection, but it just reverts back to the old order when I close and reopen TSP2. All of my tracks are currently ordered by number by the import date except all the sample tracks, loops, scratch samples, etc.

Not a big deal, just something that has been bugging me. I'd like to have all my scratch samples in order (all but one is). All the rest of my samples seem to be in order. I don't know how just one could've gotten out of order. Yes, I use playlists that keep tracks together, but I'd like to have them in a somewhat organized order in the track collection. Thanks for your help.

Tech Mentor

Are you building playlists or using track collection?

Get it how you want it then right click on the playlist's title (or collection) and click on consolidate.
    Your list will now be saved in its new order.
    With the ill behaviour...

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Le Goat View Post
    Get it how you want it then right click on the playlist's title (or collection) and click on consolidate.
    Your list will now be saved in its new order.
    This idea would work perfect in "Playlists" I believe. However, I am referring to the Track Collection part. When you brought up the consolidate idea, I thought I may have just overlooked an option. The "consolidate" option is not available in the Track Collection area, though seems like it should be for this reason. Any other ideas as far as reordering the track collection?

Tech Mentor

I'm pretty sure that is what playlists are for.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by rotebass View Post
    I'm pretty sure that is what playlists are for.
    I'm pretty sure you are right. That is what playlists are for. But why can I move tracks in the track collection but not save them in the order I have moved them? I do create and play from playlists, but like I said before, I'd like to have all tracks of a similar sample type together. Just cannot seem to find the way.

the way is called building a folder hierarchy for genres or types, then playlists within your folders for sets, moods , or whatever.

you are being your own worst enemy here , just sayin.
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Chelan View Post
    I'm pretty sure you are right. That is what playlists are for. But why can I move tracks in the track collection but not save them in the order I have moved them? I do create and play from playlists, but like I said before, I'd like to have all tracks of a similar sample type together. Just cannot seem to find the way.
    So put those samples in a playlist. I don't understand the disconnect here, that is what playlists are for.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by rotebass View Post
    So put those samples in a playlist. I don't understand the disconnect here, that is what playlists are for.
    Just trying to fix something that has somehow gotten out of order is all. As stated before, I use playlists and they work as I thought they would.

Just trying to figure out the ordering system for the track collection and thought there may have been a way to change it the way I want it. Everything is fine except for one scratch sample that has somehow gotten to be the #1 track in my collection when it should be grouped with all the other scratch samples.

I'll report back if I get any kind of solution from NI. Thanks for the suggestions though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast