2 months and still haven't been able to use my vci-300 :-((

Default 2 months and still haven't been able to use my vci-300 :-((

My mac (or itch) recognized my 300 the first couple times I tried to use it but, I wasn't getting any sound out... I didn't know about the thru/pc switch that allows you to switch from playing tracks from your computer to an aux.. I first thought it could have been a software issue. I reloaded the itch program about 10 times. Then I found out about the thru switch. I was sure that it was my problem so, I fired it up and it says "Hardware Disconnected"... I tried my 300 on a friends pc and it works fine. I figured since I reloaded the itch program so many times, I must have confused my mac or something?? I got the program AppZapper, which allows you to totally delete a program with all of it's drivers, files, etc. To my horror this didn't help either .
    Ram specs for the Itch program is 1gb or more.. I only have 512mb but, I was told this shouldn't keep it from atleast recognizing the 300. After all, it did recognize it before. (I did order 2gb or ram, crucial sent the wrong type so, I'm waiting for the correct to arrive any day now.) I have my first gig/wedding coming up next Sat/23rd and may have to resort to playing with my mac and a simple mixer.
    Any advice about any of this???
    Thanks, Beetz

did you do the update to 10.5.7 lastnite I read that alot of people have having audio problems after the update.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Convert

I had a VCI-300 for about a month, and encountered a few times when things went a little weird. I had some problems with the unit connecting as you describe, or momentarily becoming disconnected and then coming back on... and what helped for me was a better USB cable. I know this sounds simple, and after 2 months of frustration, it's only logical to guess you would have tried something like this, but I wanted to throw that out nonetheless. Best of luck, because when wrking, the VCI-300 is awesome!

damn dude i have 300 but never heard about the problem like that
    f0tif0

Nah, I did try 10.4 and 10.5. I will try a new usb cord for sure but, it worked on my friends pc first try... So, I don't think that's it but, worth a try for sure. Anyone else have issues like these? "Hardware Disconnected"??
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JesC View Post
    did you do the update to 10.5.7 lastnite I read that alot of people have having audio problems after the update.
    never heard about this update, the last one is 10.5.6

Quote Originally Posted by Kotyara View Post
    never heard about this update, the last one is 10.5.6
    nope, last one is 10.5.7...
    it's out since i dunno exactly since when... since yesterday? 2 days? 3 days? something like that

DjBeetz... try a better usb-cable (preferably something with a ferrit on it to cancel noise in the cable)...

i'm really sorry for you!
    i'm having mine since a few month (5 or so) and it works like a charm... it's such a great device, did some gigs with it (on larger and smaller stages) and the soundcard is quite good (didn't notice any difference to the audio8 so far)...

hope you get your problems sorted out!
    good luck!!!

MBP, 10.5.6, TPro 2.0.1, Kontrol S4, VCI-300, a bunch of other makes-nerds-happy-stuff
    ...and still haven't got the heart to get rid of my Turntables, Mixer and my Vinyls
    Reggae, Ragga, Dancehall, Chill Out, Dubstep, Breaks, Drum & Bass

Thanx Guys,
    I just got back from a very much needed vacation and looks like I'm gonna just play with my laptop and speakers only this Sat.. I will keep yall updated.
    Thanks Again