Soundcloud Followers Decreasing/Not Changing
    Tech Mentor

Default Soundcloud Followers Decreasing/Not Changing

So everytime I go on Soundcloud (usually once a day or so) there's a little orange circle next to my "Followers" list saying that a few new people have started following me (if I click on "Followers" there will be a few names highlighted in orange at the top). But, my followers seem to be stuck around the 280 mark and go up or down a little bit but never seems to get any higher despite having these new people following each time!

Does anyone else get this?
    Mixes and Productions on Soundcloud

VCI-100 SE - DJ I/O - MacBook Pro 13" - TMA-1 Headphones

keep em hooked
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

That's because people try and build up followers by following any old random, then hope they follow back. When you don't, they ditch you. If you do, sometimes they ditch you too.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

^This. Each day I get 20-30 notifications about people following me, if I'm lucky 2 of them will stay .

i just followed you and i´m gonna stay
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

I wouldn't worry about it mate, just keep...

- uploading interesting and fresh content.
    - ensure they are well keyworded, I even use things like events the track was played at and artists it sounds like.
    - maybe giveaway tracks for free as an exclusive to your SC page, the kids love that.

Over time you'll see the numbers climb slowly and stay with you.
    13" Macbook Pro i7/8gb/750gb :: Traktor S4 + F1 + Pro 2 :: Allen & Heath DB4 :: Allen & Heath K2 :: Midi Fighter Classic :: Midi Fighter Pro (BM) :: Midi Fighter 3D :: Pioneer RMX1000 :: DJM800 :: 2 xCDJ1000mk3 :: Beats Pro + Beats Studio

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I noticed my followers was a around a big number a few months ago and paid attention for a little while. During that period I had several people follow me, then unfollow, then follow again. They were just trying to get me to follow them back so in my mind they're useless as a followers anyway.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

I've been as high as 400+ the first few months I got on, then went down to like 60. Now I have like 90+. I mainly use soundcloud to send out links to my mixes to club owners/managers anyways, so I really don't care about followers.
    1 Denon DNX1600, 2 Technics SL1200MKII, 1 Pioneer DDJ SX, 1 Reloop Terminal Mix2, 1 MBP running VDJ/Traktor/Serato SL/DJ
    Soundcloud
    Vimeo
    Facebook

Tech Wizard

In my experience with soundcloud ( about 4200 followers, never decreased) once you gain a follower, be sure to offer them something they will be interested in, build interest around your work, comment back, reply to messages do some personal pr.

Also, follow people, lets not forget soundcloud is a social media platform first and an artist "meetup" second, people want to be followed so give people what they want.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Paris View Post
    i just followed you and i´m gonna stay
    haha cheers thanks for the advice guys! looking forward to doing some Soundcloud promotion
    Mixes and Productions on Soundcloud

VCI-100 SE - DJ I/O - MacBook Pro 13" - TMA-1 Headphones