How to replicate ddddddoowwwwnnnn
    Tech Mentor

Default How to replicate ddddddoowwwwnnnn

So in Eans Physical mix I love how Jay says its about to get down (Im a hustler baby) so the question is how does he do the funky down part? If he isnt doing it and the song is prerecorded like that, anyone have ideas? Ean?
    Silly DJ loops are for kids!

You might have better chances getting answered if you tell us the time of the part of the mix you are talking about so theres no confusion as to what we are talking about here.

Tech Mentor

Around the 3 minute mark. Whats being down with the vocals is stupidly awesome. I have the track and Im failing in understanding how to do it myself.

I assume your refering to the song, Meterhead - "Newness" - Not sure if you are talking about an effect he(Ean) is using, but i have this tune, and its pretty straight forward mixing on his part. I think you maybe refering to a pitch bend effect on that sample(the Jay-Z one) that Meterhead used in the song. Let me know if i am way off here...
    Last edited by JeRK; 05-15-2009 at 03:01 PM. Reason: clarification

Tech Mentor

Around the 3minute mark JayZ is saying "its about to go down" However theres a crazy effect being used to make it sound like dddd-down(with lots of bass?) It sounds awesome, and I just want to know if it can replicated on TPro using effects? So Physical is just straight mixing? oh...

Tech Mentor

It's in the song, not the mix. It's a pitch shift. No pitch shift in Traktor. It could be done though by halving the bpm momentarily. You would have to be on your game and it would slow down the track so the drop would come later. Would be cool to try with deck copies though, hitting half bpms and hot cueing fast...just a thought.
    Macbook 2Ghz, 4Gb Ram, Presonus Firebox, X-Session Pro, Behringer BCR2000, Technics RPDJ-1200's.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

This could, theoretically, be done with the key knob, loop and filter.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Theres also a transpose effect in the effects section for granular pitch shifting.