what speakers should i get.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default what speakers should i get.

ok well i have my first official gig but the only thing i don't got is the speakers! the max i could spend is about $1000 which includes all the wires stands etc. well i just wanted to know if the mackie th15a or the th12a are good? im doing a sorority pool party/bbq. i was wondering if these are perfect for the situation. planning on playing mostly hip hop also with my dj setup which consist of two technics ddm4k and serato.

Rent? This is what I do for the cople of times a year I need my own equipment.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

Tech Mentor

for $1000 bucks get a pair of rcf art312A. i think they go for $800 brand new off ebay for a pair.

Quote Originally Posted by pilmat View Post
    Rent? This is what I do for the cople of times a year I need my own equipment.
    well i tried looking around tampa fl area but there isn't many around here to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by coupon View Post
    for $1000 bucks get a pair of rcf art312A. i think they go for $800 brand new off ebay for a pair.
    well i need my speakers by sun and there isn't any stores around here that sells rcf. renting here also isn't really available here either

The TH-15A's should be fine for what you want. They aren't super grunty but are fine for small venues. If you can pick some up with stands for under your budget i'd go for it.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by Jester.NZ View Post
    The TH-15A's should be fine for what you want. They aren't super grunty but are fine for small venues. If you can pick some up with stands for under your budget i'd go for it.
    but why is that alot of people bash on these like they are the worst thing ever?

what about these speakers? like i could try to ask the guy to part out his speakers hopefully.

http://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/ele/2902546500.html

you are always getter forking out for some real grunters and not have to push them. our wharfedales even at the bar, the max we usually have them on is 50%.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by Jester.NZ View Post
    you are always getter forking out for some real grunters and not have to push them. our wharfedales even at the bar, the max we usually have them on is 50%.
    uhh huh!? lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast