cut up workflow, auto cue points or auto sample deck parts?

Default cut up workflow, auto cue points or auto sample deck parts?

im looking for a type of specific workflow or suggestions on how to get a workflow that is similar. Its based on something I heard in the Pioneer RMX-1000 video during the song "Together" by Chuckie.

Would there be a way to click one button while a track is playing and have like 8 cue points be created at regular intervals forward one after the other? Its similar to the Novation Twitch 'Slicer' mode. Could a type of macro be created that would would drop 8 cue points 1/2 note away from each other?

Or would there be a way to just throw clips into the sample decks (or remix decks) that would be sliced at regular intervals ahead? It would be so cool if the loop recorder could 1/2 note loops, then load each new 1/2 note recorded into a sample slot.

In the video, during the song, a 4 beat acapella section sings 'comon baby lets stick together'. He samples that section, the track continues to play forward, and he has live stutter edit control of the 4 bar section that can be manually sliced and effected over the track still playing. (its @ :55 seconds of the his vid).

thanks in advance for any advice or links to other threads for something similar.
    -Erik

zestoi's midimasher could probably make that happen... if not you could do it natively in VDJ with this script..

to set cues
    set_cue 11 & goto +0.5 & set_cue 12 & goto +0.5 & set_cue 13 & goto +0.5 & set_cue 14 & goto +0.5 & set_cue 15 & goto +0.5 & set_cue 16 & goto +0.5 & set_cue 17 & goto +0.5 & set_cue 18 & goto +0.5 & goto -4

to delete cues
    delete_cue 11 & delete_cue 12 & delete_cue 13 & delete_cue 14 & delete_cue 15 & delete_cue 16 & delete_cue 17 & delete_cue 18

that will do as you ask by setting the 4 beats of cue points then jump back to where you are in the track all in a millisecond or two so you can hit it while playing the track. I made it use hot cues 11 - 18 so it doesent mess with any other cue points, but you could use a variable that changes your normal cue buttons 1 -8 into 11 -18 if shifted.

But even that is overkill as a member of the VDJ community "Deun - Deun" has created a beatslicer effect that will sample 8 beats from when you activate it and allow you to roll any of the beats in sizes from 1/16 to 1 beat.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

If you loop the vox...you can dump it into a sample deck.
    There you can effect it with the FX of your choice.

While the original track is still playing.

You can play it on Deck A, copy the track to Deck B....loop and dump the sample into Sample Deck C for instance.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Thanks for the great replies.
    @synthet1c wouldn't you know that vdj has a way... Hmm. It makes me wonder if I can write a script in Mac scripting or automated t do this in traktor. It's given me some ideas to try out
    @sarasin that's a great tip to get samples into the sample deck slots. I could quickly loop an area, add it to the slot, and then unloop it in 4 counts. I wonder if i could set up a one hit button for that. It would give me fx control but not really stutter or rhythmic control.

For the effect you're looking for, you likely need to just sort out the samples ahead of time and load them into the sample decks each as a separate one shot. It seems highly impractical to try to find a method of doing this on the fly. Even the routine you linked is highly prepared and meant to demonstrate the hardware, I doubt you could get all the vocal samples sounding that clean without doing it ahead of time.

Quote Originally Posted by zero15ny View Post
    find a method of doing this on the fly.
    thanks for the reply. Slicer mode on the Novation Twitch controller does this on the fly. Using an instant double would allow the track to play through while the previous 4 beats are sliced. For only $399US, this may be the solution I need if this sound is essential to what I do. I was hoping I could find a way in Traktor. Prepping is great, but when I come up with an edit idea, its usually live, and I hate thinking 'thats gonna be cool next week after I prep it like that'.
    Brainstorm - wish there was a way to set fixed values in the fx beatmasher or slicer so you had specific control over the timing of the movement.