Traktor Kontrol S2 setup.

Default Traktor Kontrol S2 setup.

Hi guys. Total Traktor/DJ noob here! I'm having trouble with the audio setup for my S2. There is NO SOUND from the laptop speakers, the headphones, AND the external speakers (which are connected to the S2 via red/white RCA cables). I've looked all over the internet and to no avail!

I also use a HP laptop with IDT audio drivers. However, I have downloaded ASIO4ALL.
    I've upgraded everything I can, and have checked that the S2 is recognised by the laptop.
    I have the gain and cue levels in the middle.

My audio settings are as follows:

AUDIO SETUP
    Audio device -------- Traktor Kontrol S2
    Sample rate --------- 44,100 Hz
    Overall latency ------ 10.2 ms

BUILT-IN SOUNDCARD
    Win Built-In ---------- ASIO4ALL (ASIO)

MIXING MODE -------- Internal

OUTPUT MONITOR ---- 3: Monitor left, 4: Monitor right

OUTPUT MASTER ------ 1: Master left, 2: Master right

Have I done anything wrong? Please help me out. Remember when you had DJ troubles in the beginning?
    Thank you very much, Arthur.

Tech Wizard

sounds dumb but did you check all your levels? like the master on the s2 its self? sounds like it could be something very simple that has been over looked or installation problems.

Thank you for replying! I'm assuming you are talking about the "main" knob? Yes, it is in the middle (on both the S2 and the Traktor software). What's odd is that even when I do not connect the S2 to my laptop, there is no sound from anywhere. I've closed ALL other programs, so only Traktor is running. I'm reading the manual for ASIO4ALL, but it's really confusing!

Tech Wizard

did you sort it out yet, if not try re installing asio4all. then go check the settings on asio4all or in or audio properties and see that its all fine. do you get sound from your other programs such as itunes or windows media player?

Tech Guru

why are you using asio4all? The s2 has its own soundcard. Select kontrol s2 as your audio device.

Tech Wizard

sounds like he wants to use the laptops built in output?

Tech Guru

seems a bit silly. Does he really want an output from his laptop speakers?

Thanks for the replies!

Okay, after uninstalling Traktor Pro 2 and my audio drivers, it is partially working. But there are still some audio issues.

When the S2 is not connected to Traktor, the sound is fine. The audio settings are as follows:

AUDIO SETUP
    Audio device -------- ASIO4ALL v2
    Overall latency ------ 16.7 ms

BUILT-IN SOUNDCARD

OUTPUT MONITOR ---- L: not connected, R: not connected

OUTPUT MASTER ------ 1: Dock HpOut 1, 2: Dock HpOut 2

HOWEVER, when I plug in my S2, the "play" button does not work on both the S2 and Traktor. The audio settings are automatically changed to:

AUDIO SETUP
    Audio device -------- Traktor Kontrol S2
    Overall latency ------ 10.2 ms

BUILT-IN SOUNDCARD

OUTPUT MONITOR ---- L: 3-Monitor left, R: 4-Monitor right

OUTPUT MASTER ------ 1: Master left, 2: Master right

I've tried different combinations of "Audio device" and "Win Built-In". If both are ASIO4ALL, sound comes out of the laptop but not out of the headphones (there are no options for "output monitor" when I use ASIO4ALL).

But when the "Audio device" and "Win Built-In" are either "Traktor Kontrol S2" and/or "Kontrol S2 WDM Audio (WASAPI (shared mode))", the issue with the "play" button arises. However, I am given options for "output monitor".

Thank you very much for taking the time out to help me. I really appreciate it!
    Arthur.